Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Req Id 30906 - Posted 10/28/2019 - Sales
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for the Lighting/Optical and MMA segments for the Resin business. This position works as an individual contributor and reports directly to the Commercial Director.
Sales & Territory Management
* Routine sales calls to customers to include the following:
* Major locations to review of Altuglas products and use
* Maintain/Build relationship
* Address business needs and concerns
* Understand customer forecast and forward projections
* Key growth opportunities
* Negotiate business agreements with key customers.
* Helps define and communicate customer requirements to the platform teams.
* Ensure proper communication of Altuglas Lighting/Optical/MMA account activities
* Maintain an accurate understanding of segment(s) market trends and customer activity
* Utilize effective communication tools necessary for account management
* Maintain account plans on key customers, report to team and stakeholders specific to sales, share position, competitive intelligence, share trends, key activities and growth opportunities.
* Identify and pursue leads to create new business opportunities.
* Leverage customer relationships to accelerate growth.
* Monitor customer activities and seek opportunities to leverage across regions including new programs, applications, insights and competitive threats.
* Partner with the NBD/NPD/Marketing team for growth where applicable specific to new market and product needs.
* Maintain awareness of activities at account from other Arkema businesses
Sales Forecasting & Reporting
* Providing accurate and timely sales forecasts and volume/sales results on a monthly basis
* Accountable for managing variable margin per agreed goals and objectives in conjunction with strategy; and identifying any sources of lost margin for review and action.
* Reporting requirements to include weekly highlights, monthly sales and highlights, call reports and competitive intelligence and opportunity pipeline.
* Executing the Sales growth and earnings strategy at all customer accounts, leveraging Altuglas strengths to accelerate growth
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
* This position will be ideally located in the Mid-Atlantic/Midwest/Southern regions
* Maintain regular two-way communication with key stakeholders (Tech Service, CSR, Supply Chain, R&D and Marketing) to ensure consistent flow of quality information and alignment with business objectives.
* Managing assigned segment that contributes to overall profitability of the business is crucial.
* Must work effectively as part of a cross-functional team comprising R&D, Supply Chain, Marketing, Tech Service and Legal within the overall Altuglas International Americas organization.
* Support business HES policy and compliance with all regulatory and internal requirements
* Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., SafeStart, Safety Meetings, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree required in Business, or technical field such as Engineering or Chemistry. Master's Degree a plus.
* Minimum of 10-15 years outside sales or customer facing experience in a related field.
* Experience as a Sr. Account Manager with prior experience in the Lighting/Optical/MMA segments preferred.
* Prior experience in managing the sales forecast process.
* Knowledge of and ability to use technical sales tools and processes.
* Formal training in sales techniques or skills a plus.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team comprising of R&D, Supply Chain, Marketing, Tech Service, Finance, and Legal.
* Ability to manage complex accounts and work effectively with regional teams.
* Strong communication skills, with an ability to work up and across and organization.
* Financially strong with an ability to analyze reports and data sets.
* Skilled negotiator with an ability to work toward win/win scenarios.
* Influencing ability, particularly in working through challenging customer situations.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.