Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
LOCATION: MEBANE, NC (27302)
12+ MONTH CONTRACT
Under the guidance of the Engineering Suppression Leader, the Design Engineer delivers a best practice commercially focused product engineering service to WKPE and as appropriate, other Carrier companies within the Fire Protection Systems USA region.
Key relationships internally include strong working relationships with employees at all levels across the Fire businesses including quality, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, customer service and product management.
External third party relationships with outsourced suppliers, certification authorities, customers.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
DESIGN ENGINEER FOR FIRE SUPPRESSION AND SECURITY PRODUCTS.
* New product development, value engineering/cost savings, improved engineering and /or better performance of existing products and sustaining activities to help WKPE maintain strong market position.
* Experience with coating processes, powder coating, painting, cleaning processes for cylinders or other metallic parts is required
* Strong new ideas development, project budgeting, project planning, development and implementation of robust test plans / design of experiments.
* Application of robust engineering practices e.g. DFMEA, identification of critical characteristics and similar engineering methods.
* Reporting in accordance with company ACE Engineering requirements
* Proactive support for Kidde Matamoros fire extinguisher manufacturing site.
OTHER KEY ACTIVITIES
* Understanding of FEA using SolidWorks or similar FEA packages for stress related analysis of plastic components
* Project management skills working as part of a cross functional team
* Assist and facilitate with process improvement workshops e.g. Kaizen events, VSM.
* Contribute to UTC ACE and EH&S goals
* Proactively promotes continuous improvement to improve product quality.
* Will maintain own personal development and area of professional competency.
* Knowledge of PLM/PDM systems e.g. Windchill or Enovia would be beneficial
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
* Good engineering qualification, preferably mechanical engineering degree or equivalent level of experience.
* Experience of materials and processes related to forgings, machining, pressed components.
* Experience with plastics materials, components and manufacturing processes
* Mind-set for "Design for manufacture"
* Engineering CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks 2016
* Strong verbal, written skills and presentation skills
* Time served quality individual with related manufacturing experience and practices.
* Experience dealing with Product and Quality Management Systems
* Knowledge of good engineering practices e.g. Design and Process FMEA.
* TS 16949, ISO9001, engineering standards, automotive quality standards and similar quality systems and processes.
* Experience of quality tools e.g. Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen and similar would be beneficial.
* Competent with MS Office software
* Understanding of statistical software
* THIS ROLE REQUIRES GOOD ENGLISH AND GOOD LEVEL OF INTERPERSONAL SKILLS.
* Familiar with root cause analysis (RRCA), FMEA and statistical analysis tools.
* A self-motivated individual focused on delivering to deadlines.
* Strong communication skills in all disciplines including written, oral, email, presentation and project management.
* Ability to work on own initiative and recognize when a specific issue needs to be
* escalated to a more senior level.
* Good time management, planning and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
* Hands on approach, quick learner, problem solving, team member, and coordinator.
* Quickly absorbs product knowledge / proactive self-learner of fire safety and security standards
* Capable of working independently and as part of the team.
* Flexible working approach.
Please send resumes to Becky at email@example.com
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.