Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
Southern Industrial has grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into a leading provider of turnkey industrial construction, plant installation, plant relocation, and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
More than ever, we are positioned to meet your needs today, tomorrow and into the future.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician (level C) requires the ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, and production machines and equipment. This individual will have a strong knowledge of mechanics and the mechanical fit of components, assemblies, and sub-assemblies required for maintaining and restoring production machines to OEM specifications. They will perform the day-to-day inspections, maintenance, and repairs of plant equipment.
* Troubleshoot and complete maintenance tasks ranging from simple to very complex on mechanical, pneumatic, and vacuum systems.
* Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment manuals, procedures and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
* Ability to perform precision maintenance in the installation and alignment of equipment following safe work practices utilizing hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
* Follow established procedures to execute preventative and predictive maintenance as required, including test equipment for calibration.
* Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, repair or replace defective parts, and install special functional and structural parts in devices and equipment.
* Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Correctly and accurately complete required paper work, correctly documenting all maintenance actions, parts and times.
* Ability to prioritize daily work load and maintenance requirements based on safety, defined plans and schedules, quality and production requirements.
* Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
* Observe SIC and Customer safety and quality processes and procedures at all times.
* Have thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of maintenance duties.
* Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, freezers, and warehouses, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working on ladders, and in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled