Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The Senior Continuing Education Manager is responsible for developing, organizing & implementing the overall global strategy and alignment of the global Henry Schein Orthodontics (HSO) continuing educational programs. The senior manager will be responsible to overseeing the Straight Wire Seminar courses and facility, as well as growing the educational opportunities associated with HSO product offerings.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Plans, evaluates, and manages complex global accredited and non-accredited education programs for external customers or prospective customers which include Dentists, Orthodontists and Staff. Identifies key areas for educational opportunities. Develops core curriculum for HSO courses as well as sponsored courses. Executes, tracks and evaluates educational programs. Directly and indirectly oversee over 250 continuing education courses annually.
* Maintains Continuing Education accreditations in place, such as ADA and AGD, and California Dental Board by meeting their respective requirements. When it is time, applies for renewal. Ensures adherence to these accreditation standards.
* Develops and maintains professional relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) worldwide, speakers and instructors to foster good working relationships and encourage their on-going involvement with Henry Schein Orthodontics professional education activities and programs. Identifies and develops new speakers that would add value to Henry Schein Orthodontics by educating their peers in the industry. Ensure that Consulting Agreements are up-to-date, and when deemed appropriate, renegotiate or reevaluate these agreements.
* Collaborating with the Strategic Initiative department, the international department and other members in the marketing team, plans, evaluates, and manages three to four global symposia throughout the year. Develop curriculum, select speakers, manage the tuition collection process, and oversee the entire logistical planning of each symposium.
* Develops and maintains international Continuing Education courses which includes Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), speakers and instructors for international distributors sponsored by Henry Schein Orthodontics. Working with speakers and distributors, develop complex educational curriculum and ensure that international continuing education events are well organized, and properly funded. Serves as the point person for all continuing education related matters for both internal and external customers, for both domestic and international programs.
* Understand and adhere to all Federal and State regulations. Ensures that the Continuing Education is fully complaint with the Sunshine regulations. Ensure that all TOV are entered into MediSpend as direct and indirect payments to clinicians are made. Conduct regular audits to ensure that all TOV are properly recoded.
* Oversees Straight Wire Seminars, the Continuing Education division of Henry Schein Dental Specialties Group. Establishes course curriculum that are in line with the companys strategic direction and industry demand. Develops continuing education programs and events, which include speaker selection, curriculum selection, production of marketing collateral, budget preparation, venue selection, contract negotiations, program staffing, on-site event management, project management, analysis and oversight. Establishes annual sales budget for Straight Wire Seminars. Develop sales and marketing initiatives to drive attendance to courses.
* Develops ROI reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion. Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for CE department. Develops and monitors return on investment for each course, including: revenue vs. expenses, sales growth, course evaluations, etc. Determines future courses and speakers based upon results. Prepares reports regularly.
* Develops strategic partnerships with societies, training centers, and other educational providers. Through these strategic partnerships, expand Ortho Organizers Continuing Education offerings. Works with national and global associations, scientific societies, clinical advisors, product management, sales management, and nationally recognized clinicians to establish and develop relationships to support educational activities as outlined in the company strategic plan.
* Develops overall continuing education messages and tactics that support and reflect Henry Schein Orthodontics objectives. Executes tracks and evaluates educational programs. Develops core curriculum for Henry Schein Orthodontics courses as well as sponsored courses.
* Maintain professional skills by enrolling in continuous educational sessions at scientific meetings as well as Straight Wire Seminar sessions to remain knowledgeable and current with competitor products, industry trends, and key speakers.
* Manage and negotiate continuing education programs and event planning, which includes production of marketing collateral, budget preparation, venue selection, contract negotiations, program staffing, on-site event management, project management, analysis and oversight. Develops marketing tools to promote courses and lectures that are coordinated and developed by Henry Schein Orthodontics or Straight Wire Seminars. Work with Creative Department. Ensures that the sales team receives timely and appropriate announcements regarding various education programs.
* Maintains Continuing Education Product forecast for products that are used or sold to doctors at courses and lectures that are supported by Henry Schein Orthodontics. Collaborates with the Operations team to ensure that products that are needed for courses or that are sold at courses and lectures are planned and stocked.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
* Knowledge of CE or CME (Continuing Medical Education) .
* A minimum of ten years of Marketing Experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
* Excellent Budget Management Skills
* Proven ability to influence clinicians and Key Opinion Leaders without formal authority.
* Able to manage multiple projects at once.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Have solid computer skills in Word, Excel
* Requires regular, reliable attendance.
* Travel 20% of the time.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers..