Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
You will have an exciting opportunity to first lead a team through a transition to scientific methods in process development control and then take those best practices to other TE Medical facilities locally in the Twin Cities and around the world. You will bring your passion for six sigma methods and first principal understanding of thermoplastic materials and processing. The methods and tools you develop in collaboration with other TE technical leaders will be leveraged globally to establish world class process capability. Your contributions will be key to establishing these sites as world class in the field.
* Collaborate with global leaders in the establishment of statistical methods for thermoplastic processing and deploy them into local facilities.
* Lead team in solving high priority challenging problems leveraging your advanced problem solving, creativity and leadership skills.
* Lead local and global cross functional teams in driving innovative thermoplastic process solutions.
* Adhere to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures. Identify best practices and share globally.
* Serve as global technical expert for process technologies spanning product lines. Lead team in the support of local and global operations in meeting production goals.
WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
* You bring a strong foundational knowledge in thermoplastic processing and the broad array of materials that are used in the industry.
* You have a passion for six sigma and statistical methodology in manufacturing process development and control.
* You approach your work with a positive attitude and seek to raise the energy level of those around you. When leading teams, you strive to keep morale high.
* You thrive on coming up with new ideas and leading teams to do the same.
* You have a BS Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or related engineering degree. Masters or PhD a plus
* You have 5 to 8 years industry experience with a BS degree, 4 years with a Masters or 2 years with a PhD.
* Any medical device manufacturing experience you have would be valued, but it is not required.
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Benefits start on day one
* Charity Donation Matching Program
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Employee Resource Groups
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Healthcare for Associates and Families
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.