Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Kitchell Contractors, Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Manager in Tucson, AZ to contribute to the growth and success of our Tucson Arizona region by maintaining positive relationships with clients and design teams, training and developing Kitchell employees to their fullest potential, and attaining the profitability objectives of the company. This employee-owner will manage and control the total scope of services as defined in contract documents for one or multiple projects throughout the Tucson Arizona region with a heavy focus in the Higher Education, Healthcare, and Life Sciences markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
* Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the owner, design team, clients, building officials, municipality representatives, architects, engineers, designers, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
* Ensure all project estimates are prepared in accordance with the requirements of the project. Become familiar with each estimate to fully support its integrity.
* Review and monitor all design and construction phase documents for conformance with the budget, schedule and prime contract.
* Prepare instructions and coordinate bidding process; review subcontractor bids for conformance, qualifications and financial factors.
* Write and review contracts and proposals; negotiate for changes to conform with company standards and practical expectations.
* Initiate pertinent permits, contract insurance, bond and company information needs. Ensure compliance with prime contract.
* Negotiate and prepare subcontracts, contract purchase orders, agreement change orders and change order requests.
* Confer with the Project Superintendent and the Director of Scheduling to provide input for the pre-bid and master construction schedule. Ensure the preparation of the detailed construction phase schedule.
* Monitor the financial responsibility and past performance of subcontractors prior to award of any subcontract. Prepare subcontractor pre-award checklist.
* Review the subcontract pre-billing worksheet and monthly progress payment request; and monitor payment receipts and disbursements.
* Motivate workforce, provide communications and take measures to ensure that all elements are cooperating and coordinating efforts for maximum efficiency and quality throughout the project.
* Control job cost system, information and analysis.
* Prepare monthly project forecasts, cost reports and construction billing forecasts and other monthly project reports as required.
* Prepare progress reports for owners and management, and make presentations with recommendations for changes.
* Assure all project activities and closeout efforts are executed after proper planning has been done to conform to standards and specifications.
* Utilize safe work practices and follows directives, policies and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment as outlined in the intranet Safety Manual.
* Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program as outlined in the company Quality Assurance Manual, including roofing daily reports and inspections.
* Supervise, mentor and perform regular performance evaluations for all employees assigned to this position.
* Supervise, mentor and conduct quarterly check-ins for all employees assigned to this position.
* Perform regular performance reviews as required by company policy.
Employee-owned Kitchell seeks a dynamic, energetic, and collaborative Project Manager to join our growing Tucson Arizona region and build a long-term career at one of the most innovative and growth-oriented building companies in the United States. Our ideal candidate has high rise residential concrete experience, the ability to manage a single or multiple projects in excess of $50 million, experience successfully developing project staff members, and naturally fosters a culture of accountability and teamwork.
Education and Experience
* This position requires a minimum of nine (7) years prior experience and a bachelor s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field. If a candidate does not have a bachelor s degree in the required field a minimum of twelve (10) years of work experience in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field can be considered for this position. The candidate may be required attain an applicable degree prior to advancement.
* This positions requires an OSHA 10 certificate, if the candidate does not have one they will be required to attain an OHSA 10 certificate within the first 6 months of employment.
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of commercial construction and design.
* Skilled in project management software and equipment.
* Must have technical knowledge, scheduling and organizational skills.
* Must be able to lead the bid process and conduct project forecasting.
* Excellent verbal, written and facilitation skills; including the ability to influence, negotiate and explain complex processes to clients and staff.
* Must have experience coaching, mentoring and developing staff.
* Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people development, profitability and managing change effectively.
* Must have a valid driver's license to be eligible to be an approved driver for Kitchell.
* This is a safety sensitive position.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in office and construction environments.
* Regularly works in an office environment and occasionally works in a construction environment.
* Conditions occasionally include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
* The noise level in the work environment is regularly moderate and occasionally loud.
* Occasional travel may be required.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit; frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and use hands to finger, feel and handle.
* Must be talk one-on-one and to large groups and hear in construction settings.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a over 70-years of history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering, architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit-sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action