Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
M&A Finance Manager
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The M&A Finance Manager will be part of a lean and high-impact team. The individual will be involved in managing and supporting many aspects of the Company s global M&A processes, with a focus on valuation. This critical role will be responsible for delivering high quality financial and non- financial information to enable key decision making for specific transactions the Company is assessing. The individual will interact regularly with Corporate Development and other functions of Finance to ensure the seamless close of M&A and other transformative transactions.
* Review deal models to ensure assumptions align with Company s assumptions for the deal and identify deal risks (financial and non-financial) based on preliminary assessment
* In-depth review of business combination valuations and purchase price allocation to ensure that scope, methodology and key assumptions are understood and supportable.
* Support and manage financial due diligence process, this will include but not limited to managing external consultants.
* Provide valuation support for other complex and unusual transactions including earn-out arrangements, asset impairments, real-estate and leasing transactions.
* Project management support including preparation of project plans, transaction communication decks, and issues trackers.
* Cultivate and build strong, productive working relationships with all stakeholders within the Finance organization to manage M&A transactions throughout the full deal lifecycle; foster strong relationships key stakeholders within Equinix and the target.
* Work collaboratively with the Corporate Development, FP&A, technical accounting and external valuation vendor teams to produce high-quality business valuations for acquisitions.
* Financial modeling using discounted cash flow, market approach and transaction approach analyses including valuation of customer relationships, trademarks, assembled workforce, personal property, leasehold interest.
* Assist with other projects, as needed, including Joint Ventures (JVs) and/or divestitures.
* Prepare presentations to key stakeholders to enable key decision making
* Plan and coordinate for audits and reviews related to M&A activity.
* 5+ years of M&A finance, accounting and valuation experience with a Big4 and/or corporate M&A in a similar role preferred.
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* In-depth understanding of business valuations including scope, methodologies, estimates and key assumptions that drive values.
* Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment; ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
* Aptitude for numerical analysis, highly analytical with strong modeling skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to concisely convey complex details to a broad audience.
* Hands on, can do attitude, results orientated, highly organized and a team player
* CFA, CVA or CPA qualification(s) preferred.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.