Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our regional office in Minneapolis, MN. This position is expected to provide a high level of customer service through prompt responses to plant personnel to meet their needs. He/she will report to the Regional Director of Supply Chain.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procurement and management of inventory to meet availability and days of supply goals as well as creating and maintaining purchase plans with specific vendors and manage vendor relationships to stay current on market conditions, lead times and delivery performance of products. He/she must be customer focused and take the lead in establishing and maintaining an internal customer/supplier mentality in meeting service center material availability requirements.
- Analyze the output from various materials management information systems and initiate/maintain purchase orders for assigned products.
- Maintain supplier data, commodity pricing and other purchasing related information in mainframe-based system and SAP ERP system.
- Work on invoice and payables settlement problems.
- Manage open purchase orders to bring assurance of material delivery.
- Work with Product Sales Group on managing mill-to-customer contracts and costing.
- Participate in Materials Management team meetings and special projects.
- Maintain proper file documentation and support. Own the Materials Management work processes and provide the right support behaviors.
- Challenge current work processes for improvement.
- Maintain performance progress and goals.
- Support Regional Procurement goals and initiatives .
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in business administration or related field preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years of procurement/purchasing experience.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Savvy in computer skills strongly preferred - especially using SAP ERP system (ORACLE experience helpful)
- MS Office proficient (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.