Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
WHAT WE DO
Solutions Architects (SA) are technical and business experts who partner with customers to help them design solutions to location problems from in-car navigation, to big data visualization. SA s turn their expertise and intuition from working with customers on solution reviews into repeatable solutions and guides that they publish on mapbox.com. SA s drive solution adoption by customers using leveraged techniques such as webinars, white-papers, conference talks, and Solution Integrator (SI) partners.
Each SA has an area of technical expertise. For this role, we re looking for an automotive technical expert in embedded and/or Android development and related system architecture. The Senior SA - Auto will work with our largest automotive customers to architect simple solutions to power navigation, infotainment, and autonomy projects. Your work as an SA results in increased customer value, solution adoption, and Mapbox product capabilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Auto Solution Architect (SA), you ll partner with our largest customers to help them build simple, efficient, and scalable location solutions using Mapbox. You ll combine your expertise from working with customers on specific problems into repeatable blueprints with a website, configuration guidance, and reference code implementation on Github that you publish on mapbox.com.
* Consults with technical leaders and developers at OEM s and suppliers on technical solution architecture for infotainment systems built on embedded and Android.
* Provides solution recommendations to customers that encompass business value all the way down to technical quality, scale-ability, and performance.
* Develops go-to-market commercialization strategy for solution in collaboration with marketing and sales.
* Scopes, develops, and presents proof-of-concepts (POC) s with customer s as part of the evaluation process, demonstrating a specific solution recommendation on a target device.
* Builds solution reference implementations for Auto navigation infotainment systems on Linux and Android based on repeatable solution recommendations across multiple customers
* Uses repeatable customer needs and solution insight to drive product improvements, collaborating with product and engineering teams.
* Mentor and lead junior members of the team
WHAT WE BELIEVE ARE IMPORTANT TRAITS FOR THIS ROLE
* Great engineer and problem solver that loves working with customers.
* 5+ years experience in software engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, or product management.
* 3+ years of experience developing in Android or Linux
* Demonstrated experience solving large, complex customer problems in a consultative fashion.
* A strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is comfortable explaining complex concepts and architectures to audiences from developers to senior decision makers.
* A strategic and creative problem-solver that can both white board solutions, and champion strategies with CTOs and other senior stakeholders.
* Relentless focus on customer experience and solution quality, simplicity, and efficiency.
* Desire to explore, learn and teach new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
* Willing to travel 25% traveling time for customer meetings and events
WHAT WE VALUE
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity