Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The Clinical Staff Pharmacist will work in the inpatient pharmacy at Zale Lipshy Pavilion located across from Parkland Memorial Hospital on the UT Southwestern (UTSW) Medical Center campus in Dallas.
This is full-time position that will be scheduled 8 or 10 hours rotating day, evening and weekend shifts. This position is paid hourly and is eligible for overtime compensation when exceeding 80 hours of work per bi-weekly pay period.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
One (1) year of professional work experience as a pharmacist in a hospital/inpatient setting is required. Previous experience at an inpatient rehabilitation hospital is preferred.
Completion of a pharmacy residency program and board certification is ideal.
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an American College of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) accredited school of pharmacy is required.
Must be a licensed by Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP). Must possess sterile compounding (IV) certification accredited by ACPE and a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification with course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) will be required for inpatient positions prior to or within 6 months of employment.
The clinical staff pharmacist primary responsibilities:
* Performs job responsibilities in accordance with organizational and departmental policies, procedures, performance improvement objectives and environmental/infection control standards as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
* Performs all computer order entry in an accurate, thorough and timely manner. Reviews/updates medication profiles (therapies, allergies, height, weight, etc.) and is cognizant of patient charges.
* Reviews medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, duplications, interactions, overall effectiveness and safety. Seeks clarification if necessary and documents interventions (i.e., ADR).
* Consistently works (multi-tasks) and problem solves independently and effectively with minimal supervision. Takes charge when necessary and is looked to for direction. Makes the right decisions and uses good judgement. Is cross trained and multifunctional maintaining competency in multiple areas.
* Enforces the formulary system and follows departmental policy and procedure when acquisition of non-formulary product is judged necessary. Participates in cost effective use and selection of pharmaceuticals.
* Communicates drug information (verbally and in writing) to physicians, nurses, etc. in a courteous and professional manner. Assists in patient/family education and counseling regarding drug therapy and side effects. Also, effectively documents clinical activities, demonstrating cost savings and concisely conveying key information required for follow-up by fellow pharmacists. Strives to improve patient satisfaction, as measured by Press Ganey scores.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Manages technicians and all other supportive personnel. Delegates appropriate/reasonable tasks and validates accuracy of medications intended for distribution from the IV lab, central pharmacy or decentralized automated dispensing machines. Audits and signs out all controlled substances in accordance with state/federal guidelines and organizational policies. Investigates and corrects discrepancies and unusual usage patterns/trends.
* Actively enhances personal growth and development by participating in educational programs, in-services and meetings. Actively participates in new employee orientation and training. Willingly takes on additional projects as needs develop.
* Actively participates in the clinical program. Supports P&T initiatives by monitoring target drugs for protocol discontinue, substitution, IV to PO, etc. Collects applicable data/measures and communicates opportunities for improvement. Performs therapeutic monitoring of specified drug therapies and recommends dosage adjustments as needed based on renal function evaluation and pharmacokinetic calculations.
* Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions:
* Directly interacting with or caring for patients;
* Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants;
* Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or
* Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression..