Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare administration, regulatory compliance, consulting, project management, or related area, as well as 3 years of professional experience in a compliance-related field. Years of experience may be used in lieu of education requirement.
* Assists in collaborations with academic affairs operations teams to assure the development, implementation and ongoing improvement and assessment of the effectiveness of the seven elements of an effective compliance program for the enterprise.
* Assists to develop and implement academic compliance education and training programs for employees and students, which may include export controls, FERPA, Clery Act, Title IX.
* Maintains productive working relationships and liaises with Human Resources, Academic Information Systems, Information Resources, Academic Affairs and other key departments in determining and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
* Works under moderate supervision to manage and perform compliance assurance/effectiveness reviews of various functions and activities of UT Southwestern. Conducts basic assurance activities to determine departmental/unit/program adherence to internal controls, education/training requirements and compliance with established policies and procedures.
* Conducts relatively complex assurance/effectiveness reviews of compliance activities in accordance with appropriate standards, metrics, established compliance plan(s) and prescribed departmental/unit/program policies.
* Evaluates effectiveness of compliance controls used by reviewed department/unit/program, as well as compliance with all applicable University policies and procedures.
* Provides input to and assists in drafting compliance reports, including development of review findings and recommendations for specific remedial/corrective actions.
* Prepares work papers to support work performed, as well as findings and recommendations included in compliance reports.
* Assists in investigations of alleged breaches of policy, misconduct or other acts of non-compliance to determine the cause, extent of loss and mechanisms for prevention.
* Maintains effective working relationships with compliance personnel to achieve objectives of assurance-related assignments.
* Remains abreast of current developments in compliance.
* Develops and maintains compliance-related education and training materials and, when necessary, conducts training sessions on compliance-related topics.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression..