Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Advanced-level systems engineer for full-time, direct support to the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Directorate for Readiness (GMR). Provide system engineering expertise to the GMD Readiness Directorate for Operations and Sustainment of the fielded GMD weapon system.
* Perform failure review investigations to determine root cause and corrective action plans for system anomalies
* Assess risks and develop detailed mitigation plans to restore and maintain operational capability
* Represent the GMR Readiness office in requirements planning and definition, throughout design and development, at operational sites, and during upgrades and modifications to existing systems
* Coordinate with field site leads and Prime Contractor to maintain weapon system component readiness
* Participate in facility design reviews for new construction and renovations of existing facilities and review drawings and specifications for impacts to fielded systems.
* Provide briefings and updates to the GM Program Director for readiness-related system engineering issues
* Perform detailed technical analysis in support of maintenance operations for the Prime Mission Equipment
* Deliver written and verbal formal reports in accordance with DoD and MDA formats, processes and procedures
* The ideal candidate will have experience with Systems Engineering and Integration for ACAT I defense weapon systems and should have the following experience/skill set: 5+ years of experience on GMD Program (or similar ACAT I defense weapon system)
* Demonstrated experience in the development and assessment of technical documentation (drawings, specifications, test reports, operator procedures) necessary to ensure the government s ability to support fielding, operations and sustainment activities of the weapon system
* Solid understanding and practical experience formulating technical processes (systems engineering, failure review boards, operational readiness and risk management) for large, complex programs
* Solid technical writing and presentation development capability
* Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
* Masters of Science degree in a science, math or engineering discipline
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain, or currently possess Top Secret SCI clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.