Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Develops difficult and complex working drawings from equipment specifications, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Understands the materials and methods normally used within the assigned discipline.
* Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures. Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
* Applies standard design principles and theories to complete assignments. Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
* Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
* Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings. Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
* Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
* May assist in training lower-level Designer/Drafters in various procedures. Checks drawings prepared by lower-level Designer/Drafters for accuracy and adequacy.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred, and typically 6+ years of related experience.
Requirements include PC literacy, proficiency in utilizing CAD and other computer software used to complete design assignments.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.