Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA's HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region's neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area's only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology. Additional information about the hospital is available at www.SwedishHospital.com.
Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Manager, coordinates the Path Anatomical Department operation. Histology Coordinator assures that the department meets technical requirements for all regulatory agencies. Evaluates and establishes new procedures and reviews existing policies and procedures, and implement changes where needed. Reviews all quality control in the department and resolves any associated problems. He/she will help develop, implement, and monitor the department budget. The Coordinator will help with new staff orientation and ongoing competencies for all staff in the department. Maintains excellent communication with Laboratory Manager, Laboratory Director and Pathologists. Performs all responsibilities of a bench technologist in Histology. Must be technically proficient and detail-oriented and capable of performing several diverse tasks at the same time. Other related duties as required or assigned by the Laboratory Manager. The Coordinator communicates with other allied health care professionals according to job requirements. He/she maintains current procedural protocols, computer files, equipment maintenance program, and quality control data. Directs the quality improvement program of the Histology department.
* ASCP certification
* Eligible for registry; continued employment will be based on licensure
* AS or BS degree in related sciences preferred
* Two to four years of recent experience in related field
* Must have a working knowledge of the theories and applications of Histology using extensive automated equipment
* Must be able to make independent decisions and demonstrate effective oral and written communication
* Must have the ability to work with departmental instrumentation and systems
* Must demonstrate above average manual dexterity and visual acuity and possess good color discrimination skills
* Must be able to work under pressure and demonstrate ability to coordinate multiple procedures, handle frequent interruptions, and supervise diverse personalities and skill levels
* Must demonstrate good fiscal management skills
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:
* Must be able to work independently within laboratory guidelines; must have the ability to make good decisions about the need to solicit input from the Lab Manager, Laboratory Director and/or Clinical Pathologist(s)
* Must proceed on his/her own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures, and practices prescribed by the Laboratory Management and Clinical Pathologists
* 90 days (minimum)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.