Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The St. David's HealthCare Registered Nurse (SDHRN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the SDHRN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient's plan-of-care. The SDHRN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient's nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The SDHRN continues to monitor and assess the patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews patient's history prior to beginning physical assessment and incorporates findings into the exam.Reviews patient's history prior to beginning physical assessment and incorporates findings into the exam.
* Performs physical patient assessments/reassessments on a regular basis in accordance department standards. Pertinent data is collected using appropriate assessment techniques.Incorporates available technology to aid in physical assessment.
* Prioritizes data collection by assessing the patient's immediate condition or needs.
* Is able to discern critical findings and timely communicates changes in the patient's condition to the appropriate patient care providers.
* Data collection is inclusive of the patient, significant others and health care providers when appropriate.
* The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
* Considers the developmental goals for infant, toddler, preschool, school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients during the assessment of patients.
* Assesses patient/family learning needs, including any tasks that the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his or her current health problem. Consideration of age, cultural values, religious beliefs, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitation, and language barriers, as indicated.
* Assesses for signs of abuse and neglect. Documents findings and reports as appropriate when required.
* Develops patient centered nursing diagnoses.
* Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.
* Assists in the completion of diagnostic testing as ordered by the medical team and other health care providers.
* In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team, formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
* Prescribes appropriate nursing care to meet the goals, as well as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and social needs of the patient.
* Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs
* Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
* Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient care.
* Performs skills proficiently and in accordance with the standards of nursing care.
* Utilizes all equipment in the unit appropriate to patient with maximum efficiency and effectiveness based on knowledge and education.
* Interventions are implemented in a safe and appropriate manner and documented
* Performs nursing care in an organized and systematic manner.
* Can organize work and utilize time efficiently based on knowledge of nursing theories and procedures.
* Can interpret reports, data and medical information to determine the needs of the patient and family.
* Can interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and manage several abstract and concrete variables.
* Addresses patient's nutritional needs as appropriate.
* Verifies accuracy of medication administration by following all safety measures.
* Ensures medications are kept secure and stored appropriately.
* Educates patients on potential side effects of prescribed medications.
* Explains the purpose of all prescribed medications and teaches patient's the appropriate self- administration of medications as part of discharge planning process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required:Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree; minimum of one year experience in Staff RN role and charge experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required:Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State; BCLS Certification
Preferred:Previous experience in clinical nursing; ACLS certification
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities.
We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.