Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Work From Home
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a CENTRALIZED ORDER ENTRY PHARMACIST.
HEALTHTRUST is the supply chain solution for the HOSPITAL CORPORATION OF AMERICA (HCA). We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
HealthTrust is part of the HCA family, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, WE ARE DRIVEN BY A SINGLE GOAL: the care and improvement of human life.
We offer you an EXCELLENT TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
As a CENTRALIZED ORDER ENTRY PHARMACIST, you will work remotely, with responsibility for monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations to assure the appropriate and effective use of pharmaceuticals for patient care. You will use the medication process to assess, plan, intervene when necessary, implement and evaluate patient care in compliance with client hospital policies, protocols and procedures.
* Ensure facility procedures are followed when non-formulary drugs, target drugs, restricted drugs and investigational drugs are ordered
* Initiate change in assignments based on workload and resources available
* Screen for drug interactions, allergies, order duplications, appropriate diagnosis, renal and liver function prior to order entry
* Assure facility queues are addressed in a timely manner
* Investigate and report adverse drug events and medication incidents
* Facilitate dissemination of drug information in a timely manner to achieve high quality, cost effective, positive therapeutic outcomes when consulted
* Review and interpret all physician orders received, using the patient profile
* Monitor for incompatibilities, concentration and rate on intravenous drugs
* Document clinical interventions and follow-up when indicated
* Assess orders for age-specific appropriateness from neonatal through geriatric
* Accurately enter orders in the computer in a timely manner
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy is required; Pharm.D. preferred
* CA Pharmacy License is required
* Additional License with the CO Board of Pharmacy is preferred.
* Minimum of one (1) year hospital experience preferred
* Meditech experience preferred
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.