Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com JOB TITLE: Sourcing Manager, Capital & Indirect DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain JOB SUMMARY
JOB TITLE: Sourcing Manager, Capital & Indirect
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
Accountable for leading the development of Capital - Indirect sourcing strategies, RFQ / RFI requirements, analysis of bids, negotiation of contract terms and conditions for Americas Operations Services (Puerto Rico and Costa Rica). Also accountable for leading the commercial support for capital projects and service contracts. Manage the functional unit work team to achieve functional unit goals and objectives aligned with the Region goals / objectives.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS • Broad knowledge in Cap Ex sourcing strategies and related processes WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Manages the work efforts of individual contributors or supervisors assigned to the functional area on hiring, performance appraisals, discipline and pay review recommendations.
• Develops functional unit plans and priorities.
• Leads negotiations on equipment and service contracts.
• Develops capital equipment and services sourcing strategy, sourcing processes and supply to support regional needs.
• Develops Sourcing Strategies with the manufacturing facilities focused on delivery, cost and quality performance, using continuous improvement approach.
• Ensures standardization of terms and conditions in alignment with global operations
• Manages relationships with plant-based engineering groups and Project team members and; Frequently interacts with management, staff, customers and vendors related to activities involving the functional work area.
• Manages category supplier contracts and agreements.
• Focuses on strategic supplier partnerships to drive ongoing cost reductions for Spare Parts and Capital Projects
• Leads the Capital Supplier and Freight Management Programs identifying cost saving opportunities
• Performs as the liaison contact person among Regional and Global operations for indirect purchases.
• Assists senior management in developing budget.
• Collaborates with other managers to secure resources and ensure operational success.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strategic thinking to drive solutions
• Proven effective negotiation skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Ability to work with relevant functions across the organization including upper levels of management.
• Ability to work and collaborate on a global level with international teams, recognizing cultural distinctions
• Ability to analyze complex pricing proposals.
• Ability to lead, manage, and deliver multiple concurrent projects, influence others
• Strong interpersonal and talented effective communicator skills, written and verbal
• Self-Starter with the ability to work independently
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong Time Management Skills
• Results oriented and driven to solve problems
• Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) with excellent oral and written skills
• Knowledge in Quality System Regulations
• Continuous improvement thinking oriented
• Effective leadership
• Willing to travel
• Effective user of PC productivity tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Broad knowledge in Cap Ex sourcing strategies and related processes
• Generally, works in a closed environment, in office conditions, with moderate level of noise and controllable changes of temperature.
• Needs to stand, walk and may be seated for a long period of time.
• Uses hands to feel, finger or handle and reach.
• Could be required to travel.
• Extended work hours with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports.
• Applies communication skills (advanced reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
• Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgement to resolve problems.
EXPERIENCE • Ten 10 years’ experience in leading Cap-Ex and Contract Negotiation Management large dollars (millions) manufacturing capital/services sourcing environment with a successful track record in leading (supporting) the developing and execution supplier or customer strategies and programs involving supplier partnerships
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical) or related technical field. MBA Preferred
• Two (2) years previous management responsibilities with direct supervision of a staff at professional level
• Successful track record in leading the developing and execution supplier or customer strategies and programs involving supplier partnerships
• Strong technical base of knowledge in tooling, equipment, manufacturing processes, and engineering disciplines.
• Strong experience leading cost saving projects
• Proficiency in Sourcing Process and procedures
• Proficiency in Contract Management (solid background on contract terms and conditions)
• Demonstrated ability working cross-functionally and independently in a matrix organization.
• Experience in developing mutual relationships with key suppliers / internal stakeholders, and customers.
• Strong Supplier Program Management skills, ability to drive and enforce program deliverables
• Ten 10 years’ experience in leading Cap-Ex and Contract Negotiation Management large dollars (millions) manufacturing capital/services sourcing environment with a successful track record in leading (supporting) the developing and execution supplier or customer strategies and programs involving supplier partnerships