Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to be based out of the Houston, TX or surrounding areas to coach and otherwise guide a team of employees to achieve optimum levels of productivity, quality and safety while meeting operational deadlines and budgets. This typically includes recruiting and hiring qualified employees and ensuring that they receive all necessary training and education. Additionally, the supervisor is responsible for maintaining a motivational work environment through appropriate goal-setting, operating principles, communication, and fair treatment of all employees. As necessary, the supervisor must take action to correct poor performance and poor behavior that puts the employee or team at risk or impacts the team's ability to achieve its objectives.
The key responsibilities of the Operations Supervisor position include, but are not limited to the following:
Meet all production and distribution objectives and deadlines within the established budget
Teach, coach and demonstrate work activities for team members
Responsible for conducting performance reviews and disciplinary functions
Responsible for coordinating, assigning, and reviewing work
Direct staff on priority of work to be accomplished
Accountable for ensuring that all team members receive required instruction in safety procedures, proper use of equipment, performance standards, disciplinary processes and other workplace and Company policies, procedures and practices
Maintain timely, effective, and professional communications with all internal and external customers and suppliers
Responsible for effective record keeping, filing and other administrative duties as required.
Responsible for reporting any accidents or incidents that occur within the designated facility (on- or off-site). Accident or incident reports must be completed by the supervisor immediately when such event occurs and forwarded directly to the Operations Manager within 24 hours
Monitor working conditions regularly to ensure the safety of all team members. Take timely corrective action as required and disciplinary action as necessary
Apply problem solving techniques to ensure all personnel and quality issues are resolved in a timely manner (examples: 8D; 5 Why; Kaizen Newsletters)
Other duties assigned by the Operations Manager or Plant Manager• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have basic math, reading and computer skills
• Shipping / Receiving and Inventory Control experience. Minimum of 2 years managing a team in a fast paced environment
• 3 years prior supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to lead others
• Interpersonal skills to communicate with plant manager, sales staff, and warehouse personnel
• Demonstrates the ability to understand equipment and tolerances from past experience and successful past performance
• Warehouse experience with forklift (Reach truck preferred), packing and measuring
• WMS Experience / working with RF scanners
• Must also demonstrate successful leadership and team building skills - even if from an unrelated business or non-business organization
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Experience in a Lean environment
• First aid and CPR training
• Exposure to labor relations, safety programs, ISO standards, lean practices and sale functionsthyssenkrupp Materials NA Incis an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.Materials Services -With 480 branches in 40 countries the Business Area Materials Services concentrates on the worldwide trade of raw material and construction material. Coal, metals, gases, plastics in all shapes, qualities and dimensions as well as complex supply-chain solutions- this is for what this Business Area stands for.Business Area Materials Services
As the lead company of the Materials Services business area, we are successful global materials distributor. 500 branches in 44 countries ensure we have a global presence. We also provide a wide range of innovative services to manufacturing and processing companies. The production of stainless steels and high-performance materials rounds out our broad-based offering.thyssenkrupp is a technology group with strengths in materials. Over 162,000 employees in 78 countries work to develop high-quality products and intelligent industrial processes and services for sustainable progress. In fiscal year 2018/2019 thyssenkrupp generated sales of €42.0 billion. Our technologies and innovations are the key to meeting diverse customer and market requirements around the world, growing on the markets of the future, and generating stable earnings, cash flows and value growth.