Posted in Management 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Bend, cut, bundle and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer’s orders
• Must adhere to Harris Rebar’s safety programs and standards
• Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values
• Unload trailers and store material in storage bins
• Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths
• Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape
• Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped
• Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes
• Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping
• Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths.
• Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars
• Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner
• Assist other employees in any of the above tasks
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Must have a minimum three years’ experience in a rebar shop setting
• Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
• Must have a high school diploma, GED or local/state equivalent
• Due to the operating conditions of the position, this is a safety sensitive position
• Must be able to work overtime when required
• Must be able to work any shift
• Some heavy lifting may be necessary
• Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program;
and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Harris Rebar is a Drug-free workplace, AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.