Posted in Other 24 days ago.
AT&T’s Media & Entertainment group provides an incredible video entertainment experience to millions of subscribers. The technology we develop is accessed across a wide range of devices, bringing hundreds of live channels and tens of thousands of video on demand titles to TVs, tablets and smartphones worldwide. We deliver this near flawless experience thanks to a team of expert developers who build amazing software on a massive scale, with infrastructure that powers everything from content acquisition, encryption, encoding to streaming, search, and much more!
Our teams are the masterminds behind AT&T’s products like NFL Sunday Ticket and AT&T TV / AT&T TV NOW. Our Video on Demand (VOD) platform employs the latest capabilities in video processing and cloud computing to deliver one of the largest libraries of content to our customers in a cost-effective and fast manner. Our Entertainment Services team is searching for a star technical leader to innovate and improve our VOD features and “under-the-hood” capabilities to deliver the best overall entertainment viewing product in the world.
Leave a mark
Work for a Fortune 10 company on one of the most exciting video streaming service products in the world.
Play a big part in the success of AT&T while helping transform the tech scene in Los Angeles.
Grow and be part of something big
In the role of Principal-Software Engineer, you’ll create incredible software at a massive scale using cloud-based technologies. You will create life-changing innovations impacting millions of customers, using the latest microservices frameworks and technologies, collaborating with a passionate team of talented individuals.
We are a community that supports personal growth, learning and continuous improvement through external tuition reimbursement, AT&T’s own University, Lunch & Learns and team organized hack-a-thons. Our teams are actively involved in most major conferences and tech meetups in Los Angeles. We’re also a gold member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF); an open source software foundation dedicated to making cloud native computing universal and sustainable.
What to expect
You’ll be on a highly collaborative DevOps team that architects, designs, builds, deploys, tests and supports all aspects of the services we provide to millions of customers worldwide.
We work with highly performant microservices across a range of frameworks and technologies: Spring Boot, Node.js, Go – all interconnected via REST, Kafka, NATS and gRPC. In our org, we are moving away from narrowly defined roles to allow everyone to work on all aspects of their product and to try out new things.
We’re a leader in diversity with a commitment to fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to be a great place to work and we embrace our responsibility to reduce our environmental impact on the planet and are committed to helping our customers use our technology for social good.
We expect team members to be proficient with AWS technologies, and for the VOD team, experience with Lambda and S3 and infrastructure deployment tools such as Terraform will be used on a regular basis.
Our video technology will benefit from familiarity with media formats and codecs including H.265, HLS, and DASH.S
What you bring to the team
- Strong technology foundation, unrelenting sense of pride in your work and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Forward-looking excitement to push the boundaries of what our customers expect in a VOD experience
- Strong Leadership and Coaching habits to grow and develop the team and to help others succeed
- End to end ownership mindset and a passion for learning and teaching
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and motivation to work with and lead large teams to develop and promote best practices in building high-performance software
- Proactive, problem-solving abilities with a deep desire to improve, innovate, challenge and change
- Strong hands-on coding skills in one or more programming languages, such as Java, Python, Golang, and/or Node.js
- Excellent experience with microservices, NoSQL databases, caching technologies, and synchronous communication mechanisms like REST and event-based designs with Kafka
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)