Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio to treat a range of dermatological conditions. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin.
For more information, please visit www.galderma.com/us.
Proactiv is a division of Galderma, the world’s largest independent dermatology company. The VP, Technology will lead all aspects of Information Technology to support The Proactiv Company’s growth strategy. This includes leading our product management and engineering teams to focus on building the functionality required and the management of our customer-facing and internal solutions, including aligning eCommerce and web development efforts with the organizational vision while ensuring quality, accuracy, and timely execution. This role will report to the Senior Vice President & General Manager of Proactiv.
• Responsible for all aspects of Information Technology (IT) to include, strategic direction and planning, budget preparation, governance, security, IT architecture, solution delivery, application development / support and technology infrastructure / operations so that the overall IT organization is aligned to help drive desired growth results.
• Lead all aspects of program / project management, application development, operations, and quality assurance for our customer-facing digital properties in US and Canada, as well as our internal-facing platforms and other B2C technology (e.g. marketing, tools, etc) ensuring data is integrated from various back-end services and databases and oversee that code is well designed, testable, efficient by using best software development practices.
• Create and maintain organizations portfolio of technology initiatives and projects, ensuring adequate visibility by all stakeholders.
• Lead the IT department in supporting the long-term strategic plan for the company, resulting in revenue growth and profitability.
• Identify, recommend and implement new technologies and services that will improve efficiency, processes, and operations; review requests for additional services and upgrades, assessing the costs and benefits to the organization and potential implementation processes.
• Ensure the integrity and reliability of computerized information systems, communication systems, and office systems including the security of data acquired and stored as well as the on-going systems support and system maintenance.
• Plan for and deliver end-user capabilities and services, leveraging cost-effective and modern solutions (e.g., G Suite, Office 365)
• Collaborate cross-functionally with key business stakeholders to identify, prioritize and drive improvements in the company’s IT capability.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, leading and directing work; performance management; coaching employees; addressing issues and resolving problems.
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and applies them into operations and planning activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
COMPTETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
• Demonstrated success with group management within a team environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
• Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• Climb stairs or ride elevators.
• Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
• Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
• Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
• Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
• Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time, as needed.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Travel & Residency
El Segundo, CA
• Minimum of fifteen years of related experience, to include at least ten years in an IT management role.
• Extensive software and technology implementation and management experience required.
• Experience product management experience required.
• Experience in leading inter-organization changes to increase efficiency by the implementation of technology.
• Experience with defining and implementing modern software development practices such as Agile / Scrum, CI / CD, and test automation.
• Experience with the full lifecycle of vendor management, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, service level definition and management.
• Experience managing technology infrastructure performance and operations, both on-premise and on the cloud.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with ability to communicate with all employee levels.
• Excellent stakeholder management and negotiating skills.