Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
This position is responsible for performing routine and non-routine Plant Engineering work as assigned in utility and process maintenance. Diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot, service, and repair of utility / facility and process related equipment.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Comply with all plant/department safety rules/policies and perform all hazardous waste management duties according to guidelines.
2. Perform preventive and repair-type maintenance on facilities and support equipment including but not limited to, high and low pressure steam and hot water boilers, deareators, pressure controls, pumps, steam traps, heat exchangers, refrigeration systems, compressors, condensers, evaporators, centrifugal and reciprocation water chillers, cooling towers, water treatments, air handling units humidifiers, heating and cooling coils.
3. Working knowledge of pneumatic, electric and direct digital (DDC) controls associated with HVAC equipment.
4. Ability to handle a variety of refrigerants and obtain the necessary state and federal certifications to handle CFC refrigerants.
5. Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, vendor drawings and equipment service manuals as required by work assignments.
6. Ability to use the Internet to find vendor / manufacturing information needed to service and repair equipment.
7. Document maintenance and related functions using the CMMS computerized Shop Work Order System, electronic and manual log books, and Lotus Notes. Work with engineers, technicians or craft people during troubleshooting, repair or modify equipment, systems or processes.
8. Contribute technical recommendations regarding the improvement or optimization of facility equipment and/or process equipment as needed.
9. Supervisor may change/assign duties based on business needs.
This position will require:
Location: Menomonie, WI
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
See job description.