Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
At Bioclinica, the role of the Data Analyst (DA) is to focus on digital data asset transformation. Data Analysts utilize their analytical, data mining, and business skills to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all areas of Bioclinica Product, 3rd Party and Customer clinical trial level data as they collect, analyze, and interpret enterprise data sets. They then use this knowledge to develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges. To discover the information insights in vast amounts of data leading to more accurate decisions, to design and deliver better products, more effectively conduct clinical trials, provide deeper insights to our customers, and optimize our services operations utilizing the power of our integrated data assets. To derive deep science insights, findings, and outcomes within our enterprise data assets across Bioclinica s Imaging and eHealth product lines ensuring efficient and effective data and BI reporting integration across multiple source systems and products. Your primary focus will be in gathering business data requirements, applying data mining techniques, conducting detailed data analysis, building high quality data solutions, working with our colleagues to gather requirements and specifications, conducting data profiling, building integrated data maps, develop data transformation logic, and coordinating approval and implementation of innovative information solutions with product / project managers and other key stakeholders.
Specifically, this role will:
* Work with Stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company and third-party reference data to drive business solutions and value.
* Facilitates detailed data requirements gathering and analysis in order to provide high quality and detailed requirements, ensuring the closest involvement with, and agreement from, the user community. The DA is the voice of the customer in data-oriented requirements including functional/non-functional data needs. Responsible for overall quality of data requirements matching to business solution expectations / needs and answers the questions of the business.
* Mine, analyze and create data prototypes / simulations to improve efficiencies, create business value, identifying trends, ensuring data fit for purpose, and accurate data analytic solutions.
* Model processes to clarify support needs, data requirements, and to enhance or re-engineer business processes, prior to, or in parallel with, solution design and implementation.
* Creates, manages source-to-target data maps, data profiles, data lineage, data dictionary, data design, data flow, business rules, metadata, data quality, SDLC documentation. Defines and documents data standardizations to be performed, data enrichment operations, data validations, data security requirements, query performance, and data exception handling processes. Works with metadata solutions to ensure source to report data flows are documented and auditable. Works with data modeling architects to ensure data models match data capability requirements. Works with business teams to resolve data requirement conflicts.
* Become the go to subject matter expert for Bioclinica trial, clinical & 3rd party data. Assist in knowledge transfer to other technical staff members of business data processes.
* Conducts root cause analysis on data issues throughout the life cycle of the project. Triages data issues reported by users in production systems.
* Leads and supports the internal set-up, configuration, data integration, and quality control of data platforms including data warehouses, operational data stores, data lakes and more.
* Leverages master data management solutions to continuously improve data quality.
* Creates and maintains data integration documentation across projects being supported including ongoing changes or amendments to data integration specifications.
* Collaborate with project teams to ensure timely delivery and quality of all project deliverables.
* Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
* Develop training and support programs for data solutions, global technology and process implementations, as needed.
* Documents data flows/integration processes, conducts continuous improvement analysis for solution performance against product SLA s, conducts overall quality analysis of production systems, supports audit processes ensuring data quality, conducts regression testing, leads user acceptance testing of production releases.
* Communicates effectively with team, stakeholders, and other operations personnel on the successful execution of data integration deliverables. Communicates effectively within the project team and escalates issues to ensure timely delivery.
* Maintain expertise with Bioclinica applications and integration solutions and associated data.
* Assist internal and external users with troubleshooting and implementing new integrations.
* Trains and mentors junior Data Analysts as required. Can act as a Data Analysis Team Lead.
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by
* Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard Operating Procedures ( SOP ),
* Follows Bioclinica System Development Life-Cycle (SDLC), and Computer System Validation (CSV) procedures.
* Assisting in establishing and enforcing departmental standards.
Contributes to team effort by
* Working with internal staff to resolve issues.
* Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization and departmental processes.
* Helping others to achieve results. A true team member and partner.
* Performing other duties as assigned.
Maintains Technical and Industry Knowledge by
* Attending and participating in applicable company-sponsored and industry training.
* Bachelor s degree in an engineering, science, information technology or business discipline, or equivalent data analyst expertise with a minimum of 5-7 years hands-on data analysis/mining experience required.
* Experienced in working with business colleagues to establish data solution directions, roadmaps of work, business priorities, creating business cases, and defining measurable business value. To gain consensus on a going forward business direction utilizing enterprise data as an asset.
* Ability to guide the user in identifying / defining business data requirements with minimally 5 years proven experience in requirements elicitation, analysis, technical specifications, data architectures, and verification with the ability to apply them in practice.
* Minimally 5 years hand-on experience coding in SQL and SQL constructs.
* Minimally 5 years experience in documenting data analysis results including source to target mapping of databases, data lineage, data profiling, data dictionaries, data quality, and more.
* Minimally 3 years hands-on experience utilizing Visual Studio, TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers) or equivalent client tool.
* Minimally 3 years hands-on experience utilizing relational database solutions. Oracle, SQL Server, AWS Redshift preferred. Experience in Big Data Open Source products is a strong plus.
* Minimally 3 years experience with Data Profiling concepts and processes.
* Expert knowledge of XML, XML schemas.
* Experience in data modeling, real-time data streaming data flows and solutions a strong plus.
* Understanding of ETL principles such as meta-driven ETL highly desirable.
Bioclinica is an equal opportunity employer. Bioclinica evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.