Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Compensation: $12.75 hourly
Peer Specialists ignite the spark of hope that recovery is possible while promoting skills for coping with and managing symptoms and encouraging the use of natural supports and enhancement of community living skills.
Please review and submit a cover letter confirming qualifications when applying for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Sharing lived experiences of recovery, sharing and supporting the use of recovery tools and modeling successful recovery behaviors
• Helping individuals recognize their capacity for resilience
• Helping individuals to connect with other consumers and with their community at large
• Helping individuals who have mental illnesses and substance use disorders develop a network for information and support
• Assisting individuals to make independent choices and to take a proactive role in their treatment
• Assisting individuals with identifying strengths and personal resources to aid in their recovery and helping individuals set and achieve recovery goals
• Participates as a member of the treatment team, giving input on client Wellness Plans and treatment team decisions
• Until fully certified, Peer Specialists complete trainings, attend team meetings, shadow IHSs and other PSSs, and, with Supervisory direction, see clients, both in supervised and independent fashion, but do not bill Medicaid for services until full certification is achieved
- Assist client with transportation as clinically indicated; Driving is an essential function of this position
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team oriented and values diversity
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
Operating vehicles or machinery
High School/GED required
• Must self identify as a person with lived experience of a behavioral health disorder, either a mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorder
• Must be able to pass a background check or request an exception to the findings
• Must complete a state-approved training program, pass a standardized examination, complete certification process within 60 days of hire date, and must maintain ongoing certification as a Certified Peer Specialist through the MSAPCB
- A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.