Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Maintenance Technician III ensures maximum operating efficiency, maintenance and repair of machines and equipment in production and facility.
• Respond to production requests for immediate attention to production line issues and problems.
• Maintain production equipment.
• Maintain records of preventative maintenance.
• Create requisitions of parts and supplies to maintain equipment.
• Advance knowledge to maintain electrical/electronic systems and general production line equipment.
• Identify problem areas and address with permanent solutions
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and/or commensurate experience.
• 3 years of maintenance experience and/or training or more.
• Advanced understanding of manufacturing processes.
• Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
• Broad depth of experience and knowledge of production machinery and equipment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Advanced electrical knowledge/training.
• Advanced understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Ability to weld. (TIG, MIG and Stick).
• Advanced knowledge of PLCs and ability to troubleshoot these systems.
• Ability to read and understand schematics, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic drawings.
• Familiarity with OSHA requirements.
• Basic computer skills.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
• Three years of experience in a food manufacturing environment or more.
• Experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems / PSM.
• SAP experience.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.