Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is looking for motivated Counselor Supervisor to work at our Chase Center in Waterbury, CT. You will be working Monday and Tuesday 7am-3pm, Wednesday and Thursday 1pm-9pm, and Friday 9am-5pm. Our Counselor Supervisors are responsible for overseeing a small group of staff and provide coverage when needed. You would also be responsible for the safety and security of our staff and clients at your facility. You are also responsible for making sure that all your staff is attending required orientations and following all agency policies and procedures.
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal justice system. Since CSI’s founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer in the community-based service. We have been delivering supervision, treatment, and comprehensive individualized services to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and become productive citizens. Using this plan we built the first ever halfway house in New England which has now been replicated and grown to almost 50 programs in 10 states. For over 50 years, CSI has been building upon its successful foundations and has been expanding its services to serve thousands of adults, youth, and families each year.
• Provide supervision and monitoring of Human Service Workers, coverage staff and shift activities as it relates to client supervision, security, emergency situations, maintenance and sanitation, and client accountability.
• Ensure that all direct care staff are in compliance with the training requirements set forth by the Agency and the funding sources.
• Monitor staff performance and provide regular feedback to the program director.
• Review all required documentation for content, timeliness, and quality.
• Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance/quality assurance plan that assures compliance with policy, ACA standards, and contract requirements on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain inspection ready status at facility level. Provide technical assistance to all residential programs to implement preventative maintenance plan as indicated above.
• Support the case manager supervisor, where applicable, in matters related to case management, staff response to emergency situations, and compliance with Agency policies and procedures.
• Perform the functions of counselor/case manager such as client supervision, custody, searches, facility rounds, counts, and urine surveillance as needed.
• Organize and conduct monthly residential counselor meetings.
• Participate in the on-call duty officer rotation as assigned.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position at any time.
• Bachelor’s degree in a social science field and two years’ experience in the social service or criminal justice field. Education may be substituted with experience on a year for year basis.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills desired.
• Ability to engage and develop collaborations with others.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
CSI offers great benefits which include:
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vet. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.