Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
* This position is primarily responsible to test & pass/fail Code through proper testing (manually or automated) of the Symphony code built by development team.
* Provide the technical and professional guidance the SQA team needs to be successful, while having opportunities to design and develop test plans and testing solutions. Operating in this coach-player capacity, the position not only contributes individually, but more importantly provides leadership through coaching and mentorship, and supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Collaborate with directors to implement company and engineering strategies
* Provide technical leadership to SQA team through coaching and mentorship, fostering technical and professional growth
* Supervise team of SQA direct reports, including establishing goals and performance assessments
* Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
* Interact with Product Marketing team and participate in requirements intake process
* Facilitate SQA team ingestion and decomposition of PRD contents into agile development and testing processes
* Interrelate with architecture and development teams to understand technology choices, systems design, and practice standards
* Develop test strategies and test plans, guiding team testing efforts towards successful platform deliverables
* Engage with development team enabling rapid and iterative delivery of features, fixes, issue research...
* Interface with Customer Support, Services, and Success teams as needed for customer-facing situations
* Ensure team understands and follows GSM engineering/testing practices and standards
* Lead the team through full SDLC for features on our SaaS platform, including analyzing, developing, testing, and implementing critical software components and services for highly novel and proprietary software
* In conjunction with Project Management, provide accurate and detailed team task and progress reports
* Produce platform release health and readiness reports, to enable data-driven decisions of releases
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
* Proven ability to significantly contribute toward or lead operation initiatives with a results oriented approach
* Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Excellent strategic thinking and structured problem-solving skills
* Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
* Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
* Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
* Must have clear and professional communication skills (written and oral) both internally and externally
* Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated customer service focus and client communication skills
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience as a technical leader for enterprise solutions, preferably SaaS technologies, and experience supervising technical people.
* Experienced in the following Technology Methodologies: SDLC, Scrum and Agile Development, Kanban
* Capable of leading, mentoring and supervising SQA team varied experience levels
* Participation in the full life cycle of a large project: scoping, designing, implementing, testing, releasing and sustaining
* Proficient with GUI and/or API automation tools and approaches
* Experience with programming and scripting, specifically Java, a plus
* Experience in an global and/or complex matrix business environment is desirable
* Experience developing and implementing business processes and streamlining operations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
* This position does not have direct reports
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as deems necessary
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law