Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Compensation: $17.00 Hourly
Provides integrated, holistic, community-based support services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC:
Clinical Service Provision
• Using a motivational, stage-matched approach, provide individualized and group education services based upon strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences identified collaboratively with client/family, focused on supporting client’s movement toward recovery/resiliency goals
• Assist client in identifying strengths, needs, abilities, & preferences regarding substance abuse/mental
illness and participate in development of Wellness Plan
• Provide services from a holistic perspective, incorporating coaching surrounding the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, with attention to each domain of wellness
• Support client in completion of goals identified on Wellness Plans, reviewing the WP with client as required and as needed for updating of goals and objectives as items are achieved, or as the client’s goals change
• Aid in accessing public services, including financial, housing, emergency assistance, food, etc.
• Maintain contact with clients who are hospitalized, participating in discharge planning and communicating with all involved providers in developing aftercare plans
• Provide education and skill-building in areas such as daily living skills, employment/education, symptom management, communication/relationships, budgeting, maintaining a residence, etc., with focus on movement toward independent completion of these tasks, or referral to long-term supports
• Assist clients with developing personal support systems, including, but not limited to, work with family members, legal guardians, recovery communities, etc.
• Provide individual assistance to clients in accessing needed services including accompanying clients to appointments to address medical or other health needs
• Follow up with clients regarding appointments, completion of forms, returning forms or receipts and other similar activities
• Contact consumers who have unexcused absences from the CSTAR program in order to re-engage them and promote recovery efforts
• Meet service provision expectations per client needs and company guidelines
• Complete documentation and paperwork within the required timeframe
Integrated Health Team
• Communicate actively with other members of the integrated team, including psychiatrists, primary care physicians, specialists (CPRC, Peer(s), ITCD, CSTAR, DBT, etc), nurses, dentists, NCMs, etc. regarding all areas of client wellness, including client’s adherence to medications, side effects, and efficacy of medications
• Seek and include input from Integrated Health Team providers on client’s Wellness Plan
• Work with clients to determine services needed and provide hand-offs to those services
• Make referrals to additional services/providers as needed for client’s Integrated Health Team
• In addition to clinical providers of the team, function as liaison to others involved in client’s treatment, including, but not limited to family, employers, schools, probation/parole, courts, etc.
• Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency client and family members
• Assist client with transportation as clinically indicated; Driving is an essential function of this position
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES – COMPANY WIDE:
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team oriented and values diversity
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK:
No identified risks of exposure
• High School/GED required
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in a human service-related field preferred
• At least four (4) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if a High School/GED is the highest education obtained
• At least two (2) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if an Associate’s degree is the highest education obtained
(*If the degree is an Associate’s of Applied Science in Behavioral Health Support from an approved institution; then no additional experience is required)
• At least one (1) year of experience required if a non-human service bachelor’s degree is the highest education obtained
• All experience must include working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, and/or developmental disabilities
• A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.