Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Working independently, the Legal Analyst handles a broad range of litigation, real estate and commercial matters, along with general department functions. The primary business outcome of this position is to facilitate the intake, analysis, tracking and management of department projects, contracts, issues, and related expenses. The Legal Analyst interacts with in-house attorneys regularly; some activities may not require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Work with attorneys and those outside of the legal department to resolve routine litigation matters, including but not limited to, small claims, administrative fines, Attorney General responses and demand letters.
* Coordinate legal hold process, including drafting and sending legal hold notices and monitoring compliance.
* Assists in managing contract review process.
* Coordinate the filing and tracking of legal and corporate documents.
* Coordinate responses to discovery requests including research and analysis of responsive information and related documents.
* Track the status of upcoming projects and pending litigation.
* Review and process outside counsel and vendor invoices to ensure GameStop receives the information required to manage budgeted litigation expenses.
* Coordinate the use of litigation tracking software and database of lawsuits, including input and updating of litigation status from in-house and outside counsel.
* Organize and track legal expenses against budget and analyze trends.
* Facilitate the execution of contracts, affidavits, powers of attorney and other legal documents.
* Process and track settlement agreements and settlement check requests.
* Adhere to all GameStop recordkeeping and information retention requirements.
* Provide legal support including legal research, document and correspondence preparation, records maintenance and filing.
* Track and report on proposed or pending legislation that may impact the business.
* Information Monitoring: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it
* Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
* Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* High school diploma or GED required; accredited Associate's or Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies or related field preferred.
* Paralegal certification preferred
* Notary public preferred
* At least 5 years paralegal and/or litigation experience in a law firm or in-house legal department required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs; specifically, Excel and Outlook
* Expert verbal and written communication skills using basic English; bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
* Proficient ability to retrieve, accurately proof, revise, and generate computer-based information, including but not limited to, using established legal document templates
* Proficient ability to track and analyze potentially complex budgets, including the ability to accurately monitor and enter external legal expenses
* Proficient knowledge of, or ability to learn, litigation tracking databases and software as needed
* Proficient understanding of general legal principles, including discovery, fiduciary interest, strict confidentiality, attorney-client privilege and general court clerical requirements
* Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct