Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
The Loader loads outbound boxes with gaming products and other product and materials into trailers which are shipped to GameStop stores. This position also assists packers in preparing boxes for shipment. The Associate works under general supervision; interacting with a supervisor several times a day to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Properly load all outbound packages and ensure they are allocated to the appropriate trailer.
* Ensure maximum outbound flow of packages by moving from trailer to trailer to load packages.
* Count boxes being loaded onto trailers as needed and provide the information to the Lead or Supervisor
* Ensure work area remains clean and free of trash/debris throughout work shift, including removal of paper, packing/wrapping materials, empty cartons, etc. in an effort to maintain a safe working environment.
* Communicate all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
* Consistent with the general nature of this role, work collaboratively with others throughout the Refurbishment and Distribution Centers to achieve or exceed department objectives.
* Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
* Contributing to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* Energy - Consistently maintains high levels of activity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* Safety Awareness - Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholds safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be at least 18 years old and present state-required proof of age documents
* Previous experience working in a distribution center preferred
* High school diploma or GED required
* Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 70 lbs., horizontally, and from ground level to a minimum height of 4 feet
* Must be able to stand and walk unaccompanied for entire shift periods lasting up to 8 hours or more per day during peak season periods
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Working understanding of basic math (count, add, and subtract)
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English - bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
* Possess the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
* Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
* Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest