Posted in Architecture 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: •
20% - Read and interprets maintenance manuals, or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned tasks. • 20% - Cleans and inspects engines, engine components and component parts for damage and wear using visual examination and special tooling and equipment. Follows shop standard work procedures for clean-up and equipment preventive maintenance. • 20% - Replaces or repairs damaged or worn engine parts and component parts using general hand tools, special tools, pneumatic tools and precision measuring equipment. Assembles components with same tools and equipment. • 20% - Utilizing special tools and/or equipment performs tests and/or checks as required to confirm engine or engine component serviceability. • 20% - Properly documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records to meet established standards. • Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control. • Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task. • Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost. • Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent required, further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is desirable • A&P License preferred
• Requires 3+ years’ mechanical experience and a strong aptitude for acquiring new mechanical skills and knowledge
• Experience in turbine engine overhaul or engine component overhaul preferred
• Documented military or commercial turbine engine maintenance and/or component maintenance training preferred
• Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment
• Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
• Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
• Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally or in remote locations as needed for customer support
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values