Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Under limited supervision, coordinates daily activities of Facilities Support team members and oversees moderately complex maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures, and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop, motivate and challenge all Facilities Support Team Members to perform to their full potential through direct and timely formal and informal feedback.
· Ascertain materials required for assigned projects, and ensure timely requests for the purchase of those materials. Minimize over ordering, to ensure cost effectiveness.
· Ensure Facilities Support Team Members are thoroughly trained, certified and are performing their assigned functions.
· Inform or instruct Facilities Support Team Members of any deviations or changes.
· Ensure that assigned work areas are kept clean and organized in order to minimize hazards.
· Perform electrical, painting, and/or carpentry repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises.
· Oversee installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment.
· Maintain and repair production support air compressors, air dryers, and vacuum systems.
· Perform simple engineering calculations for proposed new equipment.
· Update mechanical prints when changes mandate.
· Maintain all air conditioning and ventilation equipment within manufacturer specifications.
· Submit proposals and recommendations to department supervisor for upgrades or changes.
· Maintain maintenance records for each piece of equipment responsible for.
· Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required.
· Act as a liaison for the Facilities Department with internal customers and vendors.
· Follow Preventive Maintenance Instructions and ensure that the records for such are properly documented.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; and four to six years experience in maintenance field; or demonstrated skills required to perform the job.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.