Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has an immediate need for a Technical Writer/Coordinator in our Technical Communications and Training (TCT) group, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Technical Writer/Coordinator will coordinate, research, and write technical manuals, support documents, and related documentation for customers with Dematic material handling solutions and for Dematic’s internal use.
Capabilities and Skills:
• Exceptionally strong English communication and writing skills required.
• Exceptional attention to detail required. Strong determination to produce applicable, accurate, and complete technical documentation for a variety of audiences.
• Ability and willingness to pro-actively pull data from various sources into a cohesive and customer-focused project manual.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and set priorities with minimal direction.
• Flexibility when managing schedules, tasks, and requirements.
• Ability to understand complex, technical information and communicate it in practical language.
• Ability to follow procedures and apply standards, styles, and templates to ensure common documentation look and feel.
• Ability to produce technical documentation tailored to the needs of various audiences with guidance from the lead writer.
• Proficient with a variety of software products used for authoring (e.g., MS Office products, Adobe products, Component Content Management Systems (CCMS)) and ability to quickly learn new software.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical blueprints preferred.
• Knowledge of material handling systems (equipment and software) used in a manufacturing/warehouse environment helpful, but not required.
• Previous experience with Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV)
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Technical Communication/Writing or equivalent writing experience required. (Please have writing samples available, if requested.)
• One to two years of experience in a similar role or related field preferred. High-potential, entry-level candidates will also be considered
Job Family Responsibilities:
The Technical Writer/Coordinator coordinates, researches, and writes technical manuals, support documents, and related documentation for customers with Dematic material handling solutions and for Dematic’s internal use.
Writes and edits technical documentation tailored to the needs of various audiences with guidance from the lead writer, including user manuals, technical instructions/bulletins, and other technical publications. Researches technical and engineering information, including drawings, design and test specifications, and interviews with subject matter experts.
Typically, BS/BA in related discipline. Degree in Technical Communication/Writing or equivalent writing experience required.
Knowledge and Experience:
One to two years of experience in a similar role or related field preferred. High-potential, entry-level candidates will also be considered. (Please have writing samples available, if requested.)
Direction of Others:
Works under the guidance of a lead writer/coordinator and would not direct or manage other staff members.
Key Working Relationships:
Lead writer and manager, other intra-organizational contacts, and external contacts.