Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed freestanding behavioral health hospital offering psychiatric care for adults and adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the facility is easily accessible to families throughout the Front Range and just minutes from surrounding communities.
Director of Clinical Services
The Clinical Director is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of social services provided by HBHC. The director is responsible for developing unit goals, objectives and Standards of Performance. The Clinical Director develops, coordinates and implements clinical and program activities; directs the implementation and ensures compliance with Joint Commission, CMS, Patient s Rights and other related agencies and standards which promote optimum health care delivery. The Clinical Director is responsible for coordinating performance improvement activities, addressing deficits, identifying new problem areas and developing plans of action. This position also hires, trains, supervises and evaluates social workers, program therapists, and adjunctive therapy staff and any other departments designated as oversight responsibilities. Develops and supervises orientation and staff development procedures and curriculum. Responsible for making departmental decisions related to delivery of inpatient clinical social services, coordinates services to milieu needs, as well as providing limited therapy to patients.
Essential Job Duties:
* Makes routine employment decisions in hiring, orienting, supervising, and training program therapists and adjunct group leaders.
* Schedules and assigns staff as needed for effective patient care
* Assists in preparing an annual budget and operating the department within defined limitations; reports and exhibits variances.
* Coordinates unit activities, planning of patient care services and patient care plan with the Medical Staff and other departments of the Hospital.
* Maintains optimal standards of clinical care and constantly evaluates results, maintains quality assurance program.
* Directs, Supports and participates in hospital-wide Quality Improvement activities
* Promotes a clean, safe and secure environment for patient care on assigned units.
* Assists in administering the unit philosophies of clinical services and in defining and developing overall long and short range objectives.
* Collaborates with the Social Services Manager for the provision of social services to patients and families.
* Provides consultation to members of Hospital staff, community agencies and other persons or groups seeking guidance in efforts to solve patient problems.
* Provides clinical and administrative leadership.
* Maintains optimal standards of clinical care and constantly evaluates results, maintains a performance improvement program.
* Promotes a working environment for patient and staff comfort and safety.
* Assumes and/or performs additional duties as requested and makes sound decisions within the range of expectation for the job.
* Promotes a positive working environment and guest relations.
* Organizes findings of Hospital-wide performance improvement activities for presentation at Hospital Quality Council meetings.
* Attends appropriate committee meetings to provide assistance and to disseminate and obtain pertinent information.
* Correlates, prepares and distributes reports for appropriate committees and departments.
* Completes relevant aspects of Hospital-wide performance improvement activities.
* Maintains a confidential record-keeping system.
* Monitors and correlates information concerned with performance improvement.
* Promotes safety by attending mandatory in services and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility
* Master s Degree in Social Work or related field such as counseling, psychology or related field.
* Licensure by the State of Colorado (L.C.S.W.) preferred or eligible for licensure within one year of employment.
* Previous placement or internship in a psychiatric setting would be helpful, but not required.
* Previous management experience preferred.
* Must be able to perform skills of an administrative nature.
* Must have working knowledge of budget preparation and control of scheduling, counseling and disciplining of subordinate staff employees.
* Must possess excellent leadership skills.
* Must possess the ability to work with a broad range of clinical, administrative, professional and non-professional staff.
* Must be able to perform assignments with minimal supervision;
* Must be able to perform concentrated and/or complex mental activity with frequent involvement in complex and/or highly technical situations;
* Must be able to work successfully under highly stressful conditions;
* Must be able to make sound, independent judgments based on scientific and/or ethical principles;
* Must be able to comprehend and perform oral and written instructions and procedures;
* Must be able to collaborate with other multidisciplinary team members in an appropriate fashion;
* Must be capable of adapting to varying workloads an work assignments on a constant basis;
* Must have effective comprehensive reading skills, strong communication skills, written and verbal.
* Must possess a valid Colorado Drivers License in order to drive hospital vehicles.
This opportunity offers the following:
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
* Competitive Compensation
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
* 401k plan with company match
One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.