Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Wisconsin Public Service a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group is currently recruiting for Summer Students at our office in Wausau, WI. These are full-time summer positions beginning in May or June.
Student Laborers perform operator qualification duties (i.e. meter maintenance, cathodic protection reading, gas leak surveys, atmospheric corrosion surveys, facilities inspection, meter painting, and miscellaneous duties (e.g. cleaning, maintenance, clerical functions) as assigned by the department. Student laborers work may be performed in the corporate offices, district offices, power plants, service center, warehouse, and other field locations.
Student Laborer duties may include (based on location & business need):
* Meter Painting (Using Cathodic Protection Reading techniques within Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 Part 199)
* Gas Leak Survey (e.g. Check for gas leaks, document, and escalate appropriately)
* Facility Inspections (e.g. Inspect meter sets for gas odor or damage caused by vehicles or ice. Look for obstructions. Check for extreme settling, support problems and for exhaust vents above the meter set.)
* Atmospheric Corrosion Survey (e.g. perform survey to identify and/or prevent atmospheric corrosion, pitting corrosion, or loose paint)
* Indoor Cleaning & Maintenance (e.g. dusting, sweeping, painting, equipment/facility cleaning & maintenance, unloading & loading warehouse products, garbage removal, general cleaning, etc.)
* Outdoor Maintenance (e.g. yard maintenance/planting, lawn mowing, painting, snow removal, wash/dry vehicles, equipment, & facilities, basic landscaping, window washing, etc.)
* Service Line & Underground Electric Inspections (e.g. Inspecting the electric line and equipment from pole to the meter base, Inspect Pad-mounted URD equipment, correct poor paint condition, replace warning stickers/signs, pole tags, Down Guy wire protectors, etc.)
* Clerical/Customer Service (e.g. filing, copying, shredding, data entry, basic computer support, sending parcels, delivering mail/packages, answer phones, assist department on projects, etc.)
* All other laborer duties as assigned (e.g. running equipment to field locations, flagging, errands, etc.)
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* High School diploma, GED, or HSED.
* Enrolled as a part-time/full-time student pursuing a technical, associate, bachelor, or master degree.
* A valid driver s license.
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements