Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ED PROCESS IMPROVEMENT.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ED PROCESS IMPROVEMENT to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The mission of HCA Performance Improvement is to leverage innovative tools and best practices to drive the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care.
Performance Improvement (PI) is a partner in identifying, quantifying, and executing cost-savings ideas and process efficiencies that improve patient care and utilization of resources.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
The SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ED PROCESS IMPROVEMENT is responsible for the successful implementation of assigned Performance Improvement projects as defined and prioritized by Division and PI leadership. This position plays a key role in division and facility Emergency Department process improvement projects by performing operational assessments and analyses, researching, and identifying/implementing best practices, facilitating groups and teams, managing projects, presenting results and recommendations, and developing measurement tools, to improve HCA operating processes toward greater efficiency and effectiveness. This individual will work directly with division and facility representatives to collaborate and deliver timely and value added assessments, action plans, and results that improve ED operations. This position is critical in achieving targeted objectives in selected ED departments through process, cost and productivity improvements. This position serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Assist facility leaders to implement best practices within the ED department and identify clinical improvement and cost-savings initiatives.
* Assess cost-reduction opportunities including:
o Appropriate administration and management of ED department
o Assess skill mix opportunities, agency nurse usage, and staffing for ED
o Identifies facility wide staffing and process opportunities that impact ED throughput
o Supply, medication, and resource utilization
o Appropriate assignment of patients being admitted to the facility and use of clinical pathways, pre-printed order sets, and triage care etc.
o Contracts impacted by the emergency department.
o On call physician panel reviews and proper utilization.
o Supply chain optimization and contract buying for specialty units
* Analyzes all aspects of Emergency Services performance for potential improvement opportunities.
* Designs and recommends processes, systems, procedures, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
* Assists in the establishment of operational work measurements and staffing standards.
* Serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
* Performs monitoring of throughput metrics and analysis of variances.
* Perform data mining and review of financial and clinical data to assess the ED for operational and financial opportunities.
* Use extracted data to quantify the financial impact of ED related cost saving ideas.
* Assist in designing meaningful and realistic action plans for the implementation of process improvement ideas.
* Actively communicate with facility, division, and corporate stakeholders to manage the project expectations and activities.
* Develop, execute, and maintain project work plans for each current project and work directly with the department local leadership and the core team directors.
* Serves as a facilitator, technical advisor, and analyst to hospital management and teams on the use of process improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques, and statistical applications.
* Actively participates in projects and conversations with Emergency Services-focused peers in other divisions via corporate support structure and contributes to enterprise knowledge bank.
* Support bed management or other improvement efforts adjacent to operations of Emergency Services.
* Practices and adheres to the \\"Code of Conduct\\" philosophy and \\"Mission and Value Statement\\".
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Master's degree preferred. Relative work experience and/or certifications may substitute.
* 10 years professional work experience required.
* 5 - 7 years relevant work experience required.
* Previous management responsibilities required.
* Must be proficient in written and verbal skills
* Experience within healthcare operations required
* Division based, travel required, % based on division geographic locations
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are equal an opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.