Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW
As a Tool and Die Maker, you are responsible for;
* Primary contact for the assigned team/process for basic technical or routine questions providing technical assistance and/or training when necessary.
* Provides training to personnel regarding standard operating procedures and processing techniques.
* Ensures job order and appropriate production process is being followed.
* Assists in resource allocation with management and other members of the leadership team.
* Assists in the resolution of production process issues (work flow, rework, first piece inspection, etc.)
* Initiates, implements and leads process improvement projects within team.
* Performs die and module changeovers including preventive maintenance and conditioning of the dies.
* Sharpens, repairs and creates close tolerance tooling.
* Supports stamping production by troubleshooting more complex die set up and production.
* Maintains high speed progressive dies, including sharpening of carbide punches and dies.
* Replaces worn or broken tooling.
* Sets up stamping presses.
* Troubleshoots and resolves tooling issues.
* Reads and evaluates progressions.
* Inspects and/or operates stamping presses as needed.
* Ensures maintenance performed is to the highest quality level.
* Follows safety guidelines and other policies and procedures.
* Ensures and works with Production to implement any necessary safety controls or procedures.
* Provides training support to the apprentices and apprenticeship program as needed.
* Uses inspection instruments such as comparator, height gage, job blocks, calipers, micrometers, gages, etc., to take actual readings to ensure parts meet final inspection requirements.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE. WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
* Associates Degree in Machining Technology preferred; High School diploma or GED required
* Completion of State Approved Apprenticeship Program and a Journeyman's Card, strongly preferred
* 5+ years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker
* Strong team work skills
* Automotive Stamping experience, preferred
* Effective problem-solving skills
* Effective Mechanical Aptitude
This position is located at our Greenboro, NC site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
* Competitive Salary Package
* Performance-Based Bonus Plans
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
* Employee Resource Groups