Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%* PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients . If you re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Lot Attendant/Valet will uphold the company mission statement while creating a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients. This Lot Attendant will greet the public in a manner consistent with the LAZ Way, serving as a representative displaying honesty, integrity, accountability, and teamwork which includes excellent communication skills.
What Will I Do*
* Park and retrieve cars like a champ. This means carefully, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Greet all customers by name, take care of their needs, and develop a rapport with each person driving up to your stand.
* Help direct traffic to keep the flow of cars clean and organized, all with a smile on your face!
* Provide a self-reliant attitude when needed. Must be able to work with or without supervision.
* Promote awesome customer relations. Smile, go above and beyond, make them love LAZ Parking the moment they meet you.
* Keep parking location clean, Pick up miscellaneous trash.
* Inform all people loitering to move off property or call non-emergency number for police support.
* Report graffiti or vandalism.
* Make sure there are no tripping hazards in the lot.
* Dynamic. You re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
* Dependable. Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it s not in your nature.
* A good driver with a driving record to prove it. You don t speed, you re cautious ESPECIALLY with other people s property. You can also drive a standard transmission.
* Good under pressure. You don t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
* Good at communicating and have the ability to speak, read, and comprehend English easily.
* A team player. You re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
* High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
* Strong customer service experience.
* Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
* Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
* Ability to drive a manual shift vehicle.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
* Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
* Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
* Must be able to work unsupervised.
* Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
* Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
* Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
* Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
* Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.