Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Were excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Areas top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the worlds most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, were striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in Join us!
BUSINESS UNIT: Health Care Quality & Affordability
The Health Care Quality and Affordability (HCQA) team is made up of about 1,000 doctors, nurses, pharmacists, strategists, industry experts and innovators with a single vision to transform the delivery of health care. Every day, we work together to improve the quality of patient care for our members while lowering healthcare costs to ensure all Californians have access to the care they deserve.
How do we do it? Through partnership, innovation, and thought leadership.
We continue to expand our network of providers to ensure state-wide access to care. We evaluate analytic and digital health tools that simplify care delivery while improving member health status, healthcare quality and affordability as well as member and provider experience. We provide high-touch services to members from experienced clinical teams. Youll also find us collaborating with our federal and state legislative officials to help shape policy to advance our Blue Shield mission.
At Blue Shield of California, we are committed to creating a healthcare system that is worthy of our family and friends and sustainably affordable. We realize that achieving this mission will require a complete transformation of the care delivery system. In order to jump start this transformation, we have created an innovation program within our Health Care Quality & Affordability function called Health Care Model of the Future where we will be piloting bold transformations in select ecosystems in California in service of our mission. We know our current fee for service payment system often incents inappropriate care and creates barriers to optimal care and value. As a payer we are committed to paying for the right care and partnering with providers to redesign payment models.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Planning & Performance, the Senior Manager, Vendor Strategy & Architecture will be responsible for developing and managing a small team focused on the development of next generation products and services that will transform BSCs health delivery model. Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the policy and process of finding or reviewing new innovative offerings for both start-up institutions and existing partners against our strategic objectives, ensuring potential offerings align with BSC stated COHC, administrative, and transformation goals, evaluating and recommending best candidates for pilot development and testing. Senior Manager will: collect, manage value-based care related opportunities for innovative solutions with our statewide provider partners, recommend and incubate the development of technology innovation project/pilot concepts, and provide discovery, analysis, and solution evaluation for our statewide provider partners. The Senior Manager will also organize and lead interdepartmental activities to, catalogue and maintain Blue Shield of CAs member care capabilities (internal or outsourced to vendors). The Senior Manager may be responsible for supporting the setup and execution of project teams, assigning and monitoring work of team members and providing guidance and leadership for other multidisciplinary efforts. This position may require statewide travel to Northern, Oakland/Bay Area, and Southern California locations.
* Manages business development activities - developing and leveraging frameworks for evaluating new vendors in the marketplace offing transformative solutions in alignment with corporate strategy and goals. Manage and support the process of evaluating, validating, partnering, incubating pilot programs, and co-developing with new vendors.
* Plan and Implement processes focused on identifying, developing and piloting next generation products and services that will transform our care delivery model
* Provide support collaborations with BSC provider partners on identifying and implementing innovative solutions that can be used to support clinical transformation in line with our shared value-based care goals
* Support innovation product strategy development, managing product ideation and pipeline, data analytics evaluation, return on investment analysis, and business case development
* Consult, provide recommendations, and influence decisions across senior leadership to ensure solutions meet target objectives
* Supports the monitoring of value metrics within and across initiatives to determine which ones offer the greatest opportunity for impacting BSCs strategic objectives and positively disrupting the healthcare ecosystem
* Provide cross-functional business readiness support regarding the organization's ability to absorb change and adopt post pilot of solution or service
* Review and report on program performance for executive leadership as needed, integrated with innovation partners throughout the organization
* Collaborates with enterprise architecture, finance, corporate strategy, Markets, Customer Experience, HCQA, IT, business unit leaders, and IT leaders to support the definition and execution of the innovation road map.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.