Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Under close supervision, the Aseptic Technician will be trained to perform procedures in compliance with Process Worksheets, Standard Operating Procedures, and policies for the production of lyophilized biological products.
* Learn and practice basic aseptic procedures as per training and SOP s
* Assist with reading and reporting testing results using scientific instruments
* Demonstrate reliability in attendance and punctuality
* Learn and comply with SOP s and associated documentation necessary to perform job functions
* Learn and assist in the completion of documentation including process worksheets, reports, log sheets
* Train in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP s), then demonstrate understanding and compliance
* Clean areas, as applicable, according to specific SOP s
* Assist in maintaining adequate supplies in the production area
* Demonstrate safe work habits and maintain a safe work environment. Understand and comply with safety SOP s and procedures (Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) guidelines, Near Miss, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), biohazard training, Monthly Safety trainings, etc.) May be required to handle hazardous waste.
* Demonstrate the ability to perform mathematical calculations and metric conversions
* Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills within and outside the department using verbal, written, and non-verbal skills
* Become certified operator of electric material handling equipment (i.e. electric pallet jack, tank tugger, etc.), as applicable
* Perform supplemental duties as assigned by supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Demonstrate basic mechanical skills
* Demonstration of personal computer usage
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Demonstrate good communication skills. Read, interpret, and apply safety procedures, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and departmental procedures. Communicate effectively with peers and Team Leader. Document steps accurately and legibly
* Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Perform conversions within the metric system. Complete controlled documents and inventory calculations using basic match
* Understand and apply instructions in written, oral, and/or diagram formats. Multitask. Ability to recognize product quality issues based on company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
* Demonstrates good listening skills. Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment. Expresses a positive attitude and shows respect for co-workers.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE PRINCIPLE DUTIES OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE PRINCIPLE DUTIES.
* Manual dexterity using hands and fingers
* Constant standing for extended periods
* Frequent need to sit, kneel, crouch, and climb; reach with hands and arms
* Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
* Ability to work flexible hours including work weekend, holiday, and overtime
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING PRINCIPLE DUTIES OF THIS JOB. NOTED PERSONNEL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT (PPE) MUST BE UTILIZED WHILE ON THE JOB.
* High noise levels Hearing Protection as required
* Frequent exposure to heavy items ANSI 75 Safety shoes required
* Exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals PPE as required
* Exposure to moving mechanical parts Ensure safety shields are always in place
* Exposure to extreme temperature variations PPE as required
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis..