Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Job ID 2020-4415
US-VA-Arlington | US-MD-Fort Detrick | US-VA-Alexandria
IT: Support / Technician
NCI: As a Service Desk Support Technician (Desktop Support Technician III), you will provide Tier 1 support for escalated hardware, network and/or software issues by end-users for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP) in the National Capital Region (NCR). You will support user and incident requests utilizing existing procedures to monitor, track and resolve work orders in a timely manner. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Answering helpdesk calls, and responding to voicemails in a timely manner
* Greeting customers and assisting in creating and updating IT support tickets (Remedy) per defined service-level agreements
* Evaluating, prioritizing, solving, and escalating all tickets to the appropriate Tier Support, and/or correcting the assignment of tickets as required
* Maintaining ownership of service tickets throughout the life span of the support request
* Assigning ticket severity by walking customers through a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the severity and nature of reported IT problems
* Updating and maintaining service work notes
* Establishing a high level of personal credibility and building strong relationships
* Consulting with immediate supervisor or higher-level IT specialists on possible solutions
* Coordinating with technicians to provide status updates to outstanding tickets
* Collaborating and following up with technicians to resolve requests, and provide status updates on outstanding support tickets
* Providing updates, status, and completion information to management
* Following-up with users/customers to ensure resolution of issues, closing tickets only when the resolution to the issue has been reached, to the satisfaction of the user/customer.
* Participating in workshops, seminars, or other events as required.
* Other duties as assigned by the Government, contract or supervisors in coordination with the SLA s.
* NOTE: This is a casual employee position.
* Clearance (required at performance start date): active Secret security clearance
* Associates degree in a related Information Technology field or vendor certification in the technology being applied such as Microsoft MCP or Novell CNE with at least four (4) years of professional experience supporting PC hardware and software systems.
* Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (required at performance start date): CCNA Security, CySA+, Security+ CE, etc.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* ITIL v3 Foundations AND HDI Desktop Support Technician or A+ related certifications relevant to service desk support
* Hands-on experience working with BMC Remedy ticket systems
* Prior work experience in a fast-paced DoD environment
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.