Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Posting Address
701 Millennium Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29607 Position Overview
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Data Analytics Intern will join a cross functional team that analyzes business challenges in operational, financial, and market related settings. The team is responsible for deploying analytic solutions within Hubbell to improve performance and drive strategic efforts across the organization.
Hubbell is looking for a self-starter who can mine and analyze large data sets to develop a deeper understanding of organizational challenges and provide insights and recommendations to inform business decisions. The ideal candidate will take the initiative to ask thoughtful questions to identify opportunities as well as take direction to dig into identified problems to identify root cause and develop solutions. Applying a statistical and analytical approach to the data mining process to identify patterns and trends, derive optimized recommendations, and communicate practical solutions to improve business processes will be key to the candidate success. Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
* Generate and compile datasets utilizing relational database tools and concepts
* Mine and analyze large sets of data to identify patterns and trends
* Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate impactful business insights
* Effectively communicate insights to facilitate improved decision quality
* Identify root cause of identified business problems
* Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
* Identify and recommend new ways to generate savings by streamlining business processes
* Identify and depict trends in the customer base and business operations though the use of statistical models and analysis
* Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
* Students must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Analytics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related degree.
* Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Coursework or experience in Business or Data Analytics preferred.
* Experience with analytics tools such as Power BI, R, Python, or equivalent
* AI/RPA tools
* Strong data management
* Data science tools
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.