Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
VHB s Providence, RI office is seeking an entry-level Structural Engineer to join the Structures team within our Transportation practice. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help grow our practice in southern New England with the support and resources of an established transportation firm.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, surveyors, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Perform conceptual/final design of bridges
- Perform bridge inspections and load capacity ratings
- Perform bridge project scoping studies and alternatives analyses
- Perform structural engineering calculations for bridge projects
- Perform conceptual/final design of structures for energy projects
- Assist with drafting of project details and plans using MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Calculate quantities and develop construction cost estimates
- Develop contract documents and specifications
Skills and Abilities
- Effective and comfortable in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality
- Eager to learn and take on technical challenges
- Enrolled in a Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis)
- Previous relevant internship experience a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Mathcad
- MicroStation or AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Finite Element Modeling (FEM) software experience is a plus
Please submit applications online and include a cover letter.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40+ years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.