Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Posting Title Manager, SEC Reporting Requisition Number 200404 Location El Segundo, California Zip Code 90245 Job Category Accounting and Finance
At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
Mattel's Financial Reporting group is primarily responsible for the consolidation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results and actual data from business units, and preparing monthly financial statements for senior management, and quarterly and annually for filings with the SEC. This position reports to the department s SEC Reporting Director.
SEC Reporting Manager
* Prepare and Review SEC financial filings, including annual reports on Form 10-K and Form 11-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, footnotes to the financial statements and Management Discussion and Analysis, and XBRL filings.
* Prepare and review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports.
* Review and provide feedback on internal and external communications, including board presentations and investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations.
* Oversee the consolidation process, including the review of journal entries (e.g., share-based compensation, derivatives, and benefit plans) and coordinate with shared services and foreign affiliates to aggregate financial information.
* Review the monthly financial reporting package, including income statements, balance sheets, and various management reports and other analyses.
* Coordinate with foreign affiliates to aggregate monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial information.
* Review significant contracts and determine appropriate accounting under US GAAP and coordinate with internal teams on accounting.
* Proactively monitor current FASB and SEC activities and evaluate the impact of adopting new accounting standards.
* Work with internal stakeholders to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts.
* Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of operational efficiency for business units, while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
* Enhance the financial reporting process by streamlining, refining and improving the consolidation process.
* Work as part of cross-functional teams to execute various special projects and transactions and preparation of ad hoc financial reporting.
* Excellent analytical capabilities
* Strong interpersonal qualities
* Executive presence
* Passion and perseverance
* Clear and transparent communication skills
* Structured thinking
Experience, Education & Skills:
* Undergraduate degree, Accounting or Finance or related is required
* CPA desired
* Approximately 5+ years of experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm, including significant SEC experience.
* Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
* The candidate should have strong leadership, decision making and technical skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and Oracle is a plus.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie , Hot Wheels , American Girl , Fisher-Price , Thomas & Friends and MEGA , as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)