Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Helpdesk Administrator will be responsible for providing excellent client experiences and working to resolve support issues in a prompt and professional manner. A Helpdesk Administrator also handles server and domain changes. Also, among the duties is troubleshooting and configuring a wide variety of hardware devices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Set up and maintain basic network operations, including assembly of network hardware and provide assistance to the rest of the IT team.
* Set up devices for employees of IES.
* Provide first and second level telephone support and problem resolution.
* Install and test necessary software and hardware.
* Hardware supported will include: Dell and Cisco servers, Lenovo and Dell desktops and laptops, HP printers, various copiers, Cisco network equipment, Cisco and Skype phone systems.
* Read or listen to client problems and collect necessary information to identify and resolve technical issues.
* Install, upgrade and configure network printing, directory structures, and security rights.
* Identify opportunities to improve support processes.
* Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources.
* Follow strict privacy policies, complete regular database maintenance tasks, and maintain accurate inventory records.
* Monitor system backups.
* Ensure company phone system and computers are in working order.
* Occasional travel to support remote sites as required.
* Ability to provide support remotely after hours when required.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, professional and positive in approach.
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* Must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
* Ability to multi-task and be organized
* Ability to work effectively both independently and on a team
* Flexible in handling assignments and attention to detail.
Ability to lift and move computers, printers and servers.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School Diploma or GED equivalency (Associate s Degree in IT Field preferred)
* Technical certifications: MCP, A+, MOUS, MCDST or CCNA preferred.
* Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of IT experience in a Windows environment
* Understanding of networking operating systems, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and remote communications
* Must have knowledge of Windows servers, network equipment, personal computers, and other IT hardware.
* Experience with a IT organization with multiple locations
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows 10
* Basic PowerShell experience, or willing to learn.
* Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and work independently as well as with a team.
Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* Helpdesk Lead
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. ""EEO is the Law" poster (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)|"EEO is the Law" poster supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster (https://ies-co.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=17624&hashed=1802678857)
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify