Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
The Role: In-Line Vehicle Technicians; must have the ability to work with various teams in assembly including engineering, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production, testing and inspection. In-Line Technicians work in a manufacturing environment rectifying issues on vehicles during and post-assembly process.
* Knowledge of: Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the manufacturing and rectification of vehicles
* Quickly diagnose vehicle problems, find the root cause and immediately take action with containing in line and either implement root cause corrective action or escalate to cross-functional teams for sustainable resolution.
* Perform rectification on electric power train, chassis, body, and other components on the Model 3 through a comprehensive diagnosis and evaluation on Tesla electric vehicles in our Fremont factory.
* Perform vehicle drive test related to Water Testing
* Assist and interface with PMI, Quality, Design, and Process Engineering teams to improve work instructions, parts, jigs, tools, and other related components as well as provide feedback for future product builds.
* Operate and maintain a wide variety of shop tools, power tools, and automotive electrical test equipment.
* Maintain records of time and materials through Tesla s Proprietary Software
* Coach Production Associates and other cross-functional departments on implementation of countermeasures to improve final quality and In-Line Inspection/Testing production process.
* Coach Production associates and leads on Quality in station, as well as install/repair best practices
* Provides data and investigation support to Quality Engineers as needed and reports assembly discrepancies needing constant rectification.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* 2+ years experience in automotive diagnosis, servicing, and repairs (may be substituted for experience in End of Line and/ or General Assembly at Tesla).
* Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
* Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
* Must be Flexible and capable of working in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
* Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting.
* Detail Oriented, able to quickly perform designated inspections on every vehicle on the production line
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Associate Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology (preferred).
* Reports assembly and manufacturing anomalies requiring repeated rectification.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.