Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
As a Construction Project Manager, you will be playing a critical role in building the world's largest factory. You will work in the field managing trades and subcontractors and will be asked to work cross-functionally, interfacing with base build, construction engineering, and manufacturing engineering while tracking a project's schedule and budget.
* Understand construction and MEP systems and sequences and review designs for constructability.
* Troubleshoot, walk down, and resolve schedule critical issues that arise on the project.
* Quickly respond to queries and resolve any technical barriers to completion.
* Work with procurement team to create biddable work packages and verify contractor bids against cost/schedule estimates.
* Develop communicate, and improve upon plans for site logistics and material flow.
* Interface with engineering team, construction team, contracts, and commissioning teams.
* Understand building control system devices, wiring, layout, and interface
* Develop templates and standards for future phases/projects.
* Enforce and maintain high quality standards for engineering drawings and for field installations by contractors.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, or Construction Management or related fields
* At least 4 years of experience managing the construction of MEP systems for large industrial construction projects in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductors or equivalent high tech facilities.
* Proven record of driving challenging scopes and project to completion
* Excellent written and verbal communication, including executive summaries and presentations
* Ability to read, interpret, and manage changes to tenant improvement drawing packages (Life Safety systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Plumbing and Civil Scopes)
* High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Primavera P6 (or Microsoft Projects)
* Willingness to spend a large percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
* Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely demanding timelines
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.