Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
EDI BUSINESS ANALYST - UNIFIRST
Job Summary -
UniFirst Corporation is seeking to add a full time Business Analyst to their growing EDI team. The EDI Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for assisting the team by engaging the business stakeholders to elicit and define business requirements. They will design, develop, and implement solutions that meet the business needs and collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement integrated solutions. They will be responsible for the sourcing of solutions that meet the business needs.
The BA will be responsible for defining the standard communication offerings required for the business and supporting the implementation of new trading partners, including both vendors and customers. This includes supporting both EDI and Punchout Website connectivity.
The role will support production systems, including analyzing and resolving production problems and end user incidents or service requests.
JOB DETAIL -
* Work with the business stakeholders to understand current processes and evoke, define, analyze, and document requirements. Lead discovery workshops mapping out the business requirements
* Collaborate with functional and technical teams throughout UniFirst to define, design, and deliver robust integrated solutions that meet business needs
* Ensure the quality and need of user requirements, functional specs, technical specs, data models, and process flow diagrams to sustain high delivery quality and ultimately deliver projects successfully
* Create deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle, such as user stories, requirements documentation, functional and technical specifications, test cases, and system documentation
* Create test cases for business processes and system functions; collaborate with team resources to execute tests and resolve defects
* Collaborate with the business throughout the agile development lifecycle to ensure solutions will meet anticipated needs and deliver the expected benefits
* Support production systems; proactively work to analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner. Assess and resolve end user service requests. Contribute to continuous improvement processes including identification of root cause and corrective actions
* Responsible for design, development and systems analysis, mapping, testing, and data communication configuration with trading partners. Ensures completion of projects on time and within budget
* Manages EDI support and development. Ensures that all electronic transactions supporting business processes can be completed
* Ensures incoming and outgoing transactions are monitored daily and issues are resolved in a timely manner. Oversee documentation of solutions and day-to-day monitoring activities
* Configures Customer Portal Reporting application to provide scheduled billing reports
* Organize and maintain system documentation knowledge base. This includes all specifications provided by trading partners
* Performs complex analysis of database information, system journals, and logs to investigate and correct problems that have affected the normal flow of business. Read computer printouts or observe display screens to detect syntax or logic errors during program testing or use diagnostic software to detect errors
* Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience working in B2B or B2C eCommerce focused environments, playing an active role in definition and delivery of EDI solutions
* Experience in data analysis; strong knowledge of business reporting needs, KPIs and how the system meets those needs incorporating industry best practices
* Experience with vendor selection process
* Extensive knowledge and experience using cXML, X12, AS2, and FTP
* Extensive experience working with VANs
* Experience with Punchout Websites required
* Experience with 3rd party online procurement platforms a plus
* Understanding of data communication protocols and issues
* Tableau, PowerBI, or other report writer experience a plus
* EDI management experience a plus
* Bachelor's degree in the field of Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, or Information Technology
* Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio is needed. Must be able to comprehend manuals, periodicals, and technical reports, and apply ways to develop programs that meet user requirements
Additional Requirements -
* Ability to compose simple business correspondence, calculate figures and amounts, and apply basic math concepts along with the means to apply problem solving skills
* Potential for up to 10% of travel required
* Willingness to learn new technologies or procedures
* Highly self-motivated and directed, and detail oriented
Benefits & Perks -
401k with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in the garment & uniform services industry. We currently employee over 14,000 team partners who serve over 300,000 business customer locations throughout the US, Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power Magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and recognized on Forbes Magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies" list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's never been a better time to join our team.
UNIFIRST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE IN HIRING OR EMPLOYMENT AGAINST ANY INDIVIDUAL ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, RELIGION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, AGE, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, PREGNANCY, CITIZENSHIP, OR ANY OTHER FACTOR PROTECTED BY ANTI-DISCRIMINATION LAWS