Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
SUMMARY- Performs equipment set-ups in a timely and professional manner. Generally responsible for the set-up of highly technical equipment such as ventilators, monitors, and CPAP units. Also responsible to provide technical assistance with equipment. Incumbent may perform set-up of all types of oxygen equipment as well.
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
* Performs equipment set-ups in a timely and professional manner. Generally responsible for the set-up of highly technical equipment such as ventilators, monitors, and CPAP units
* Provides patient education as an intricate part of the patient care activity according to the patient's need and Lincare policy, frequently in patients' home. Requires use of a personal vehicle with a valid driver's license
* Performs complete and professional patient assessments in accordance with Lincare policies and procedures
* Maintains current knowledge of respiratory homecare techniques and relevant respiratory therapy concepts
* Follows applicable policies and procedures of the Safety & Regulatory Manual regarding General Safety, OSHA (includes the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment), DOT (driving safety), FDA and Emergency Planning
* Represents Lincare through professional personal appearance, patient care activities and content of written reports
* Facilitates prescription collection
* Maintains patient records incomplete and organized manner in compliance with accreditation standards
* Work on-call evenings and weekends on an as scheduled basis. Frequency is determined by the center size and the number of employees available to share in the responsibility. Must respond in a timely manner
* Level 1 - Familiar with equipment and services provided in the home healthcare setting, or other experience in patient care
* Level 2 - Minimum of two years' experience in home healthcare
* Level 3 - Minimum of three years' experience in home healthcare. May be involved in the training of other Healthcare Specialists
* Must have excellent human relations skills to interface with doctors, other referral sources and patients
* Must be computer literate
* Must have completed all training/education required to obtain requisite certification, registration and/or license described below
* Must be a clinician authorized within his/her scope of practice (as established by applicable state law or if none, by the applicable national board) to provide all patient care services offered by Lincare from time to time
* Must remain certified, registered or licensed by the applicable state and/or national board governing his/her clinical practice or as otherwise permitted by law. In all states, CRT's and RRT's are qualified for this position
* Subject to state law/regulation, RN's, LPN's, LVN's paramedics, EMT's and other clinicians may also be qualified for this position. If applicable, based on the requirements of your state, in addition to a valid state license, the current National Board of Respiratory Care Credentials may also be required for CRT's and RRT's. Subject to State requirements and management approval, on an exception basis employees may be hired that do not meet all the above certifications and training, but practice respiratory therapy as authorized by applicable state law
PHYSICAL DEMANDS- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lincare offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development - all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Lincare is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. AA/EOE, M/F/Disabled/Veterans