Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
* Software Development Engineer: Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. - Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. - Job Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. - Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. - Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
* Job Description
SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE:
Broadcom provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. Broadcom empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Broadcom has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years - and there's a reason for that. Our fun, diverse, and fast-paced corporate culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in the industry. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package - all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators.
The Broadcom Core Products development team based in multiple locations in the US develops leading library management technology for the mainframe providing high-performance application management for some of the world s largest banks, insurance companies, retailers and more. Our technology enables you to manage software modules on and across multiple mainframe platforms. It also provides a collection of service facilities to help simplify application management. Clearly, this demands exceptional innovation from the best and brightest minds - which is where you come in.
WHO YOU ARE
In an arena where ideas and original thought are highly prized - and initiative, innovation and technical excellence are lauded - you'll need to be a self-motivated team player with a strong computer science background. You'll also need to be dynamic in thought, adaptable in style, and brave enough to think outside of the box - all in the name of developing the next-generation of world class IT solutions. To be part of our team - the brains behind the world's leading IT management software - you'll need to be bold, decisive, and have a true desire to partner and collaborate with like-minded, creative colleagues, every single day.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Research and develop innovative corrective maintenance and new innovations that maintain the high levels of performance, availability and usability found in our solutions.
* Work within a highly-skilled team in an agile development environment, with an opportunity to gain exposure to many of the key agile roles.
* Design and code functionality for enterprise-level products that meet functional and business requirements.
* Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers.
* Participate in test plan reviews and develop automated test scripts to deliver high quality software solutions.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
* Prior experience as a software developer.
* Significant experience with building mainframe applications using IBM Assembler and C.
* Experience with the following: JCL, ISPF CLIST, REXX.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
Broadcom Inc. is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.